• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, November 15-21

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Well anyway. It is an accomplishment to place highly whether it is volume 1 or 1010.

I am happy we have a chance at getting the last Tenjo Tenge.
cufflinks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
wow relatively terrible sales for the last FMA volume, its first week is like 1/4th of what volume 26's first week was, 700k+. that is unless there are like different circumstances or something (like the volume being on sale only 1 day or something during this sales period)
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote
cufflinks wrote:
wow relatively terrible sales for the last FMA volume, its first week is like 1/7th of what volume 26's first week was, 700k+. that is unless there are like different circumstances or something (like the volume being on sale only 1 day or something during this sales period)

I think its one of those cases like the last Bleach volume had, where it had like 90,000 in early sales thought it wasn't due until the next week. I'm guessing that's the case here.
lys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
cufflinks wrote:
wow relatively terrible sales for the last FMA volume, its first week is like 1/7th of what volume 26's first week was, 700k+. that is unless there are like different circumstances or something (like the volume being on sale only 1 day or something during this sales period)

I think its one of those cases like the last Bleach volume had, where it had like 90,000 in early sales thought it wasn't due until the next week. I'm guessing that's the case here.

Right. Its official release date was the 22nd, which was the day after this chart came out, so 179,853 is all early sales.
Scormio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 am Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
Scormio wrote:
cufflinks wrote:

Right. Its official release date was the 22nd, which was the day after this chart came out, so 179,853 is all early sales.

Mhm, which makes getting 2nd on the list just by early sales rather beastly.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Final Fullmetal Alchemist volume. Anime cry
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I can't help feeling depressed that only Onepiece and Naruto are able to rank in the top 30 selling manga after just 3 weeks. Isn't there anything else with any staying power?

Especially with how often you here about the decline of manga though I suppose it does explain why so many 4 panel strips and light novels are being made into anime nowadays.
Scormio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
I can't help feeling depressed that only Onepiece and Naruto are able to rank in the top 30 selling manga after just 3 weeks. Isn't there anything else with any staying power?

Especially with how often you here about the decline of manga though I suppose it does explain why so many 4 panel strips and light novels are being made into anime nowadays.

Bleach usually does. As have the last few Kimi ni Todoke and Fairy Tail. And I'm sure this FMA will around for a couple weeks. Although, I'd rather see it like this then the American charts where its just Naruto and a bunch of Viz titles over and over until there next volume knocks the old one off...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Final Fullmetal Alchemist volume. Anime cry

It's sad, I hear ya, comrade. All the same, part of me is glad it isn't 30+ vols. like some of my favs up there. Anime cry Negima, Bleach, and Naruto are sure to leave my wallet anemic by the end of their runs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2