• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kotoura-San (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Of course, it was spoiler[Moritani all along, she already has a history of making men attack highschool students.]

I don't think it was her. spoiler[Moritani has shown no signs of losing conscious throughout the anime. Also she truly felt sorry for her deed so I doubt it was her. I know the ending made it seem like she did it, but it was most likely a false alarm for some unnecessary hype for next week's episode. I think in that situation Moritani was too late in trying to save the girl. The blood on her hands is probably from Moritani holding onto the girl's head.]

I guess you did not catch the spoiler[sarcasm]. Laughing
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Of course, it was spoiler[Moritani all along, she already has a history of making men attack highschool students.]

I don't think it was her. spoiler[Moritani has shown no signs of losing conscious throughout the anime. Also she truly felt sorry for her deed so I doubt it was her. I know the ending made it seem like she did it, but it was most likely a false alarm for some unnecessary hype for next week's episode. I think in that situation Moritani was too late in trying to save the girl. The blood on her hands is probably from Moritani holding onto the girl's head.]

I guess you did not catch the spoiler[sarcasm]. Laughing

Sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Embarassed Sorry, I was partially hoping that someone would misunderstand what I wrote. Sorry if it made you feel bad.

Next time I will make sure my purposly insane sarcastic theories are insane enough.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Embarassed Sorry, I was partially hoping that someone would misunderstand what I wrote. Sorry if it made you feel bad.

Next time I will make sure my purposly insane sarcastic theories are insane enough.

Haha I don't feel bad.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
for a moment there, I thoughtspoiler[ Kumiko's new boy toy] was the criminal
Key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
You're not the only one who thought that, getchman.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

spoiler[Kotoura was happy about seeing her mom.
Moritani got arrested? That was a surprise.
Looks like the attacker rumors backfired on Moritani.
So they decided to look for the criminal themselves..]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
ep.10

spoiler[kotoura & manabe arrive at school hear mori going to jail so go police place to find mori but got police toss-out then mifune & daichi arrive oh female cop let them in.

mori said she found the victim then cop guy appear then mifune have kotoura use her power on expose cop guy include his toilet probs give seem all sorts is just police don't want to use mind read powers.

give got mifune bit upset cause what happen to her mom give cop guy was there when mifune's hang mom happen so after that go scooby-doo to catch the attacker.

but manabe going NO on it give very concern on it yet kotoura want to do it so manabe left & after another attack happen mori is free now going catch the crook.

then phone call from female cop about the attack place rumor so kotoura & others go there with mifune as bait then kotoura read evil mind & yikes mifune meet club stick? ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
You're not the only one who thought that, getchman.

I've been wondering if there is some connection between spoiler[the dopey girl detective and the attacker.] If so I wonder how she escaped Kotoura's vision. Given the obvious setup that ended this episode, it is even more likely. spoiler[Split personality maybe?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Having everyone keep blaming themselves i getting annoying, Moritan blames herself for all the rumours, and then spoiler[Kotoura blames herself for Moritani getting arrested]. And then the fight with spoiler[Manabe and Kotoura, might have sounded a little harsh but Manabe did not want Kotoura to do something stupid that could hurt her out of some stupid guilt]. He might act like a total idiot at times, and they are spoiler[trying to stop a criminal, but it seems he may have been right, now Mifune has likely been hurt]. I cringed at that sound.

Possibly suspects for the audience are the spoiler[toyboy], or spoiler[strange detective who has no friends]. But I don't think I would be happy with either one. This series gets surprisingly dark despite its fluffy look, although at the same time I feel it still holds it back from what it could do (deaths instead of beaten up).
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
I continue to be impressed with this series; in fact, the only places it's let me down at all are with the pervy grandfather (and it was really only the "setting on Grandpa's lap" scene that bothered me) and the whole Kotoura-themed amusement park business. The tiff that Kotoura and Manabe have here felt very believable, and some of the smaller touches really sell the relationships, too; the scenes where Daichi holds Mifune's hand when she's stressing out, or where he reminds her that he's there because he chooses to be, beautifully show where he stands despite his usually-blase attitude. (The episode also makes good use of the rare times that his face is fully-detailed.) Stuff like that is what separates this one from a lot of the crap out there. And being able to pull off both heavily serious and comedy moments without one interfering with the other is always great to see.

As to the suspect, I'm also in the spoiler[policewoman is guilty] camp. Kotoura not noticing anything doesn't necessarily mean anything, though, since her ability has usually been portrayed as detection of surface thoughts and the person in question simply might not have been actively thinking about it at the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Possibly suspects for the audience are the spoiler[toyboy], or spoiler[strange detective who has no friends]

The other quite uncomfortable possibility I hadn't considered before is spoiler[Kotoura's mom Kumiko. She has a lot of resentment to act out, is obviously unstable, and it is possible she is one person who Kotoura would NOT reflexively read and reveal. Maybe she is still trying to punish her daughter somehow. And her lower face matches the glimpse we got in the episode.]

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
The other quite uncomfortable possibility I hadn't considered before is spoiler[Kotoura's mom Kumiko. She has a lot of resentment to act out, is obviously unstable, and it is possible she is one person who Kotoura's would reflexively read. Maybe she is still trying to punish her daughter somehow. And her lower face matches the glimpse we got in the episode.]

An interesting theory; I'll have to look at that screen shot again when I get home. However, spoiler[she didn't get introduced to Kotoura's friends by name, so how would she know Mifune's name?]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
However, spoiler[she didn't get introduced to Kotoura's friends by name, so how would she know Mifune's name?]

It is clear that spoiler[the monk has been keeping her up to date since he seems to be trying to facilitate a reconciliation. (also note the edit to my prior post)]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't think its the mom. spoiler[If you check the hair it matches the detective's hairstyle. It is probably is a split personality like Haruhi mentioned.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14