• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pockie Ninja Game Trailer Features Anime Lookalikes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerreth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
and you thought H.A.V.E Online was bad....
Vent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 am Reply with quote
isoge wrote:
don't drop the soap-

People don't go to jail for copyright infringement.

More than likely what will happen is that someone will threaten to sue and the game's characters will be completely redesigned into "original" versions. Bonus points if the makers pull an Orange Gundam and pretend they never looked any other way.
skyechan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure we already know where this is going...

"What are you talking about? These are entirely original characters. The fact that they look like characters from Japanese anime is completely coincidental. 'Naruto'? 'Bleach'? Never heard of them."

*days later*

"Due to complaints we have modified our character designs. For example, our ninja now wears an orange headband and blue suit."

*few more days later*

"I have no idea what game project you're talking about. We have never worked on such a thing. Ever. Anyone who says otherwise is out of their mind. Now excuse us, we're off to our original theme park with a cat that is totally not Mickey Mouse."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ahmy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
I just made an account here because of this topic.

At start i would say i am one of the people who tried this game and honestly its a very good game for a browser game..

The sad part is this fight (the copy right) one of the main reason to take the attention of people is this game has naruto - bleach characters.
But wait as i notice this game has DDtank broswer game as another project , and based on my knowledge about DDTank they have some of one piece costumes.. how? what about the copy right? why DDtank is still alive in Aeria Games.

I don't bother to check about games and copy right , i just play them.
I played this game because it has naruto characters and bleach ,, and it was nice to play.
I wish this project goes to the safe zone.

EDIT: i just notice this topic is 3 months ago ;p then its nice to see the game as open beta !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3