• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Beelzebub (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote
Man, they're delaying the heck out of Beelzebub. CR had episode 9 released 14 days ago, and lists episode 10 for 6 days from now.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quote
Add another member to the "Dropped this but came back to see Aoi" club. The reason I kept watching this after episode 3 was to see the gang girl from the OP. Then episode 4 rolled around and she never came up, so I just dropped it. Then I saw the Rancorous's avatar a while back and realized she's come onto the seen. Well, after watching these past three episodes, I'm back for at least a couple more episodes as long as she's involved somehow. Hopefully she wont become like Ukyo or Shampoo and just disappear for several episodes.

ALL HAIL THE EX-QUEEN
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Man, they're delaying the heck out of Beelzebub. CR had episode 9 released 14 days ago, and lists episode 10 for 6 days from now.

i imagine the only reason its getting delayed so much is cause its continuing into the next season so they can just make up for it later.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Add another member to the "Dropped this but came back to see Aoi" club. The reason I kept watching this after episode 3 was to see the gang girl from the OP. Then episode 4 rolled around and she never came up, so I just dropped it. Then I saw the Rancorous's avatar a while back and realized she's come onto the seen. Well, after watching these past three episodes, I'm back for at least a couple more episodes as long as she's involved somehow. Hopefully she wont become like Ukyo or Shampoo and just disappear for several episodes.

ALL HAIL THE EX-QUEEN

She's not going to be in every episode but she's pretty much the most involved female in the show. Hilda might be in more episodes but I would argue that Aoi has more overall screentime.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
The delaying news sucks, I will be mad if Episode 10 does not stream until the middle or end of May.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote
well episode 10 is finally out on CR (which is weird cause i thought it was delayed again) it seems it was delayed due to the opening so they made some "subtle" alterations. in any case glad the delays seem to be over since there is supposed to be a new opening soon, prolly by episode 12 or 13 we'll see the new op and ed.

i hear this show will last 50+ episodes if that's true it seems to be handling opening and endings like fairy tail does with a new set every season. not that i mind that its just that you tend to end up with a lower quality op then you do with bleach, naruto or one piece. but still i look forward to it since I've been told they've been doing fillers i hope that means the cannon material will be getting good soon.

edit: also turns out its not the actual episode 10 (must of been something insensitive in it) so this must be episode 11.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
It's actually episode 12, 10-11 was skipped, was said on Suki by quarkboy who I believe is doing the translation for CR.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 10 and 11 are 2 parters (taken from the preview), so yes, they were skipped for whatever reason.

Episode 12 went back to using the electric jokes which was annoying, but the rest of the humor was decent. I remember this chapter from the manga, and I personally didn't really like this chapter, I think i enjoyed it more after watching the anime. Eh, this "season" of Beelzebub is meh, I'd like it to move faster and go onto the better arcs already. Like others, the main reason for me watching this show as of now is for Kunieda.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
Thank god that cat wasn't there to stay. Can you imagine just how annoying this series would get with not just Beel, but also an annoying talking cat?
The jokes are so poor sometimes. Well, at least it became somewhat satisfactory when that girl appeared.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 am Reply with quote
I actually liked the cat.....

EmbraceMe wrote:
Episode 10 and 11 are 2 parters (taken from the preview), so yes, they were skipped for whatever reason.

Episode 12 went back to using the electric jokes which was annoying, but the rest of the humor was decent. I remember this chapter from the manga, and I personally didn't really like this chapter, I think i enjoyed it more after watching the anime. Eh, this "season" of Beelzebub is meh, I'd like it to move faster and go onto the better arcs already. Like others, the main reason for me watching this show as of now is for Kunieda.

The true episode 10 will be airing this weekend, right?
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
I actually liked the cat.....

EmbraceMe wrote:

The true episode 10 will be airing this weekend, right?

its uncertain when the skipped episodes will air, it could be this week or they might just go to episode 12. we'll just have to wait and see.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
I liked the cat too, I thought it had chemestry with Beel. The other talking cats actually reminded me of a joke in Hayate the Combat Butler where the cats speaking was in the female lead's head, and they talked liked gangsters aswell. Beel did have some more character aswell, it is great as he is usually either the cause of trouble, or practicly luggage, but being lead by him in story was not bad.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
... as he is usually either the cause of trouble, or practicly luggage, but being lead by him in story was not bad.

That will be his primary role. Unfortunately, that and his stupidity is what the whole show is based on. Still a good anime, but it explains the show's hate it or love it status. Don't expect him to mature or grow much.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
Anybody still watching this? I've somehow kept watching up through the most recent which is episode 18. I don't know why though. I had hoped that Aoi would be a much bigger part of the story in her efforts of love for Oga. Mostly it's just mediocre to bad episode one after another but the few good episodes show the potential this series has. I enjoyed episode 17 where everyone was at the pool and we got to see Furuichi man up and do a little more than stare at Hilda and freak out. I like Aoi, Hilda, Furuichi, and sometimes Oga but I hate baby beel and aboslutely loathe that damn mustached old man. I'm so sick of the jokes you can see coming a mile away of that mustached old guy chasing around Furuichi. And it happens every. damn. episode. I thought this was going to be a long-running show but I don't see what they'll use for a plot once they finish the current mini-arc with spoiler[Tojo].

Is it so wrong for me to just want old mustached creeper to go home to the demon world and have Hilda and Aoi fight over Oga (Hilda cause she needs to stay with Beel and Aoi cause she loves Oga) with Furuichi playing the part of sidekick? Oga's sister has been a solid character and Oga's dad has added some good comedy with the sliding grovel. A few changes could actually make this a really good show.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
That is... exactly how I feel. That old man is so bloody annoying, and to make things worse he keeps popping up way too often. This is one of the very rare times where I find a bunch of enjoyable elements yet just a couple of annoyances make me want to drop it. I'm also getting fed up with Hiruda (or whatever the devil she's called) --- she simply had no character development whatsoever, and she comes off as a bitch given the way she keeps acting.

Is it like this in the manga?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6