• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Aims for 3 Billion Yen for 2013 Dragon Ball Z Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
Saturday estimates are out :

370 million yen ($3.9 million).

It should be over 600 million ($6.5 million) for the week-end maybe even coming close to Doraemon's 667 million (Doraemon did 370 million first day as well but was probably less fan driven hence the lower 2 day total projection for DBZ). Such numbers make the 3 billion yen ($35 million) goal quite likely unless it ends up being really frontloaded (but it has over 300 theaters to rely on and it's still spring break for one week so it should be fine).

It's heading straight to being the highest grossing film in the franchise surpassing 'Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler''s 2.48 billion yen ($19 million) back in 1992.

source : World of KJ
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quote
Double-post, sorry.

'Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods' tracking at 47.3% of One Piece Z's gross for saturday according to Toei.

That puts it at around 360 million yen for the opening day and 650 million yen for the week-end if it can keep this pace.

sources : World of KJ and http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2023173/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2