• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shin Megami Tensei IV Heads to N. America This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Kefkiroth wrote:
Probably going to hold off on it until it drops or unless it really turns out to be that good. Are there any other $50 3DS games out there?

I wouldn't wait. Atlus games tend to sell out very quickly and are produced in low quantities. Given that this is the first SMT game in an extremely long time, that may be different.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Kefkiroth wrote:
Probably going to hold off on it until it drops or unless it really turns out to be that good. Are there any other $50 3DS games out there?

I wouldn't wait. Atlus games tend to sell out very quickly and are produced in low quantities. Given that this is the first SMT game in an extremely long time, that may be different.

no they dont, you can easily still get code princess, etrian odyssey iv at a lot of gamestops. You can get most of their 3ds games at retail price or less online.

Atlus is also in the douchebag business of reprinting identical copies of games, so dont buy anything new from them. It will be reprinted at 2/3 rds of the cost sometime down the road.

And seriously another 3ds game. What the hell? Every heard of a console. Atlus is seriously becoming a joke on par with Capcom and square enix.

One next gen game, oh and they were the only publisher that forced a ps3 game to be region locked as well.

I remeber when Atlus did not suck. When they released Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2, Devil Summoner 1 and 2, Persona 3, Fes, 4, Stella Deus, Disgaea Hour of Darkness, Sky Gunner , etc. etc. on the PS2.

At least NIS is still cool.
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
And seriously another 3ds game. What the hell? Every heard of a console.

Japanese developers are making more games for handhelds because
A) they usually have a larger install base in Japan as of late (ex. PS3 sold over 6 million in 5 years, PSP sold over 15 million; Wii sold over 12 million in 6 years, DS sold over 32 million), and
B) they're cheaper to develop for.

CrownKlown wrote:
oh and they were the only publisher that forced a ps3 game to be region locked as well

Probably because it was the only way their parent company would allow them to release it in Japan and America within weeks of each other. Given how much whining there was, I'm sure they'll never think of doing that again (except 3DS and Wii U games, I guess).

*Sigh* Why does every article I see about this announcement have to have at least one commenter (usually many, many more) saying either "Why isn't this on consoles?!" or "Where is 'Persona 5'?!" I swear, Ben Croshaw's description of "fans" is getting more and more accurate by the day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2