• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, March 25-31

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wootsman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Great to see Jojo's Bizarre Adventure doing so well. I can't believe this hasn't been licensed yet.

All the musical references, and the show's ending probably makes it more expensive to license compared to other shows, I doubt any current anime licensing company can afford to do it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
wootsman wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Great to see Jojo's Bizarre Adventure doing so well. I can't believe this hasn't been licensed yet.

All the musical references, and the show's ending probably makes it more expensive to license compared to other shows, I doubt any current anime licensing company can afford to do it.

Much less take the risk, in the US JoJo is just not that popular and it must cost a ton to license because japan will assume it will be/is equally popular. plus reverse importation bogiee man will keep anyone from licensing it. Hunter Hunter has a far better chance but I don't see that happening either.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
wootsman wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Much less take the risk, in the US JoJo is just not that popular and it must cost a ton to license because japan will assume it will be/is equally popular. plus reverse importation bogiee man will keep anyone from licensing it. Hunter Hunter has a far better chance but I don't see that happening either.

Hunter X Hunter's been licensed for more than a year. It's on Crunchyroll (unless you're talking about the old series?). As for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, all you have to do is change some of the names. Capcom did it with the arcade game. The only reason Jojo's Bizarre Adventure isn't big over here is because it isn't licensed, There's a bigger audience for this series than people think. With good promotion, this show would do well in the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2