• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Producer: More Madhouse Collaborations Are Coming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind another X-Men anime, but just with Storm as the main character.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 am Reply with quote
I remember when the first batch of Marvel shows hit that I kept thinking "Why bother with these shorter series? Can't they just make a 52 episode X-Men anime? That would rule."

Still suggesting that.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:40 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I wouldn't mind another X-Men anime, but just with Storm as the main character.

I second this.

But yeah, glad to see more Marvel/Madhouse Collabs in the works, personally i'd love to see some for lesser characters like Ghost Rider or heck even Howard The Duck Laughing But guessing they'll probably go with a character or characters they have already used.
Marcus Carr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
They need to release the series they already did on blu-ray in the U.S. Then I would buy X-Men.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
No....NO! Stop wasting talents on garbage that shouldn't even see the light of day!

Madhouse animators should be working of stuff that actually matters! Not some ugly ass vampire killing other vampires for no reason! Or Wolverine screwing around in japan or whatever.

"Wolverine screwing around in Japan" is a major part of his backstory. And I daresay that the body of Marvel Comics fans out there in the States is significantly larger than the body of anime fans out there, and they would take issue with Marvel Comics content being referred to as "garbage that shouldn't even see the light of day." (I'm one of them, incidentally.) You really don't want to go there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
If I remember correctly, the new Wolverine major motion picture coming out is actually based on the same story as the anime version.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping they do a better job this time around, yeah. The Wolverine anime was pretty bleh (mostly due to his design, which was horrid), X-Men was meh, but Iron Man was a little more decent I thought. I found the Blade anime to be the best of the bunch myself, but then again, I was just happy to see that character get some more attention too.

Not really sure there's any other Marvel properties I like enough to really care about this though. Spider-Man maybe, or Deadpool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daichi383

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
They need to get guys like Chris Yost actually writing these things instead of random guys that worked on that CG Iron Man show. The potential these projects have is so high and yet Marvel only put minimal effort into what makes a movie good, the story. Madhouse did their job and did it damn well, Marvel need to do the same.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
With G4 dead, will these shows ever make it to TV?

That said, I'm pretty sure Madhouse has no probably making this "garbage that shouldn't see the light of day".

Madhouse Exec.: "What's that? You want us to produce our own version of a character that was recently in a blockbuster major motion picture, that brought in millions domestically, and globally? Ha! No way loser, we have to make season 2 of Photo Kano."

That said, I'd love to see anime Deadpool. Make it happen, Marvel.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh God, a Deadpool Max anime. That would be Panty and Stocking x10.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

And it would be glorious. Cool

Sad to say, that's most likely never going to happen.
Which makes me dead inside a little.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
luhead wrote:
So people actually bought this stuff?

My guess is fans of the live-action Ironman movie thought they were going to get anime-Robert Downey Jr.

well... we DID get spoiler[anime jeff bridges] in rise of technovore (>_>)

EDIT: Rise of Technovore was a step in the right direction. I recommend all who were burned out by the godawful Iron Manime tv series to watch this.
Otaku faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
My opinion thank god!!!!!!!!!!!! Because when it comes to marvel animated wise dc shits on marvel dc has a lot of direct to DVD animated movies finally they took this route lol. The blade anime was awesome and the wolverine anime was good based on comics and xmen. Now the iron man anime was okay but anyway I'm stoked to hear this because marvel hardly has animated movies. Lol but I'm looking forward to the wolverine,iron man 3 and Thor 2.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

And it would be glorious. Cool

Sad to say, that's most likely never going to happen.
Which makes me dead inside a little.

It would be the most amazing thing ever. But the odds of them actually signing off on it are nil.
Anti_Nadalista

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I'll be brutally honest here, everyone involved in this thing knew that all these shows were garbage, the only one with a decent budget and staff was X-men. Heroman shits in all these shows in the quality of his animation, Episode 1 in particular was movie quality awesome and put Madhouse poor efforts to shame.

The fans of these comics hate Anime in general, we hate these shows because they were boring and badly produced. I guess the real target for these shows were the casual fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3