• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Producer: More Madhouse Collaborations Are Coming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Anti_Nadalista wrote:
The fans of these comics hate Anime in general,

You have any numbers on that?
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Anti_Nadalista wrote:

The fans of these comics hate Anime in general, we hate these shows because they were boring and badly produced. I guess the real target for these shows were the casual fans.

Thats cute. I'm a fan of Marvel comics, I don't hate anime, I know a few people that like comics that also like anime, You know making stuff-up like that doesn't do any one any good. Just saying. So, yeah.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
I agree with Soundmonkey44. I'm also a guy who likes both comic books and manga and anime. I've been to a comic book store and I've seen that both "Peanuts" and "Garfield" have comic books and they're both pretty good. I don't know what sort of people that Anti_Nadalista knows,but it doesn't sound like me.
There are also fans of American comics in Japan itself. I believe they call them Ame-comi. I doubt that those Japanese who like both American comics and their native manga would agree with Anti_Nadalista. They would say that whoever he or she is ridiculous and that person doesn't know what they're talking about.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Anti_Nadalista wrote:

Seconded. There tends to be quite a lot of cross-over between anime fans and American comic book fans in my experience. Besides remember that manga titles like Oh! My Goddess and Tenchi Muyo! used to be release in American comic book form and the "Marvel Mangaverse" cross-over special was a big enough hit back in the mid-2000s that it was, IIRC, done a second time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Anti_Nadalista wrote:

Seconded. There tends to be quite a lot of cross-over between anime fans and American comic book fans in my experience. Besides remember that manga titles like Oh! My Goddess and Tenchi Muyo! used to be release in American comic book form and the "Marvel Mangaverse" cross-over special was a big enough hit back in the mid-2000s that it was, IIRC, done a second time.

Yep, on top of that most comics shops also sale manga, heck my local comic shop has a whole book shelf of nothing but manga tokabons.

Most comic fans, at least the one's i've meet both IRL & online are wonderful people that have a wide variety of interests in all forms of entertainment media. So Anti, I suggest you correct yourself before you wreck yourself.

also, I'm pretty sure I still have some of those old U.S. comic style DBZ & Pokemon books lying around somewhere. Laughing

Anywho back on topic. I personally enjoyed most of the MadHouse/Marvel joints, sans Wolverine, which was just...yeah...not my cup of tea when it comes to Wolverine stories to put it nicely. The Iron Man stuff was OK, and I enjoyed the X-Men adaption, although I would love to see them do an anime version of an actual arc from the comics akin to the 90's X-Men cartoon. Blade was solid if not a bit meh at times.

So yeah I'm glad to see more of these come out, they may not be as good as the comics or the movies, but they are enjoyable enough for what they are.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
This stuff hits mainstream America, I guess... I guess.

Anyway, maybe an X-Men Evolution anime? Hahaha, awesome show, but it would never happen.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
My only issue with the Marvel anime is that they were not released on BD (in the US). Except for the last Iron Man movie, No BD = no buy.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
They need to do a Spider-man anime.
I think that could have the potential to be pretty good.
Also, a sequel to the X-Men anime would be nice, since that was probably the best out of the Marvel anime TV series from Madhouse.

Yes, Spider-man should be the one to get anime. He's a very popular Marvel superhero in Japan. He got several manga, and a tokusatsu from Toei. I don't understand why Madhouse didn't make Spider-man anime from the beginning when he's the most popular Marvel superhero in Japan. I hope Spidey get his own anime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3