• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Infinite Stratos 2 TV Anime Slated for Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
Tindreal wrote:
Wait, I don't get it now...is this going to be a sequel to season 1, with the name RE:BOOT or they throw out season 1 and reboot the show according to the manga ?

People are focusing too much on that word... A reboot doesn't necessarily mean completely starting over. When you reboot your computer, you don't reformat your hard drive everytime, do you?

getchman wrote:
Can you all hear the sound of Dtm's joke flying over Animegomaniac's head at mach speed?

Kinda hard not to.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
^
"Joke"? Look pal, I don't tend to joke about things I love, and Infinite Stratos is no exception. I was a fan of the Light Novels before the Anime even came out, and anyone who tells you otherwise is simply jealous that I had the sense to like it before it was popular.

I'll admit the adaptation could have been better but was still a great effort nevertheless. It nailed the holy trinity of good stories; fluid and exciting action scenes featuring cute girls and the electronic devices they strap on to their bodies. It could have done with a bit more plot - the same amount as High School DxD would have been epic, for example - but I was content with what we got.

If the second season is at least as good then I'm calling it now - it will be the best of Fall 2013. In fact, I'm going to bookmark this thread so I can rub my post into the doubters' noses come October.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote
you know I might actually believe you had you not trashed PMMM
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
^
What, I'm not allowed to dislike PMMM? Are you the Quality Police or something, telling everyone what they must like? Or are you simply unable to comprehend that not everyone is gushing about a show featuring grimdark little girls and LSD-inspired art?

PMMM is just a gimmicky one-hit wonder, a passing fad. I don't see it getting a second season. Just goes to show that true quality will always shine through in the end.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Tindreal wrote:
Wait, I don't get it now...is this going to be a sequel to season 1, with the name RE:BOOT or they throw out season 1 and reboot the show according to the manga ?

People are focusing too much on that word... A reboot doesn't necessarily mean completely starting over. When you reboot your computer, you don't reformat your hard drive everytime, do you?

Not to mention, the "reboot" part is actually in reference to the LNs, after Yumizuru's falling out with Media Factory. Overlap started the LN back up with Vol. 8 w/ a new illustrator, Choco, and then is going back and re-releasing new versions of Vols. 1-7.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
PMMM is just a gimmicky one-hit wonder, a passing fad. I don't see it getting a second season. Just goes to show that true quality will always shine through in the end.

It did get a bunch of movies, though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
Oh, ffs. Will somebody point out that dtm42 was being sarcastic so that yet another poster doesn't waste time responding seriously to him? It's not much of a joke since, unless you are aware of dtm42's real attitude towards IS and PMMM, you won't "get it," but there you go.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote
I'm well aware. Doesn't mean you can't play along.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
this version of dtm is kinda funny
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, gee. Pretending to feel the exact opposite of how you actually feel. The height of comedic genius. Oh how my ribs ache with laughter.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It did get a bunch of movies, though.

A season is longer than a movie. Plus, two of the movies are recaps. See, further proof the creators are creatively bankrupt and are only trying to make a quick buck. Why, the most popular new scene was simply two blobs with super-wide faces nuzzling one another:

Apparently stuff like this is crack to the thirty-year-old virgin man-children who comprise 98% of the show's fanbase. How's that for an easily-pleased fanbase?

Infinite Stratos on the other hand would never sink so low as to resort to using lesbian subtext to sell a movie, no siree. It stands on the firmness of its plot and the advanced development of its characters.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

They're such a cute couple <3
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
I just hope they fix what they did with Cecilia's backstory, which was that they didn't touch on it at all. It's a shame they probably won't animate the story that came with the 3rd Blu Ray (which turned my heart to mush and totally made Cecilia my favourite girl), but in the novels proper she does have an important character arc so there are chances to explore it.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I understand he is being sarcastic but ironically much of what he says about PMM is true. Works like that are nothing new, but for some reason that one show everyone latched on to. The show has some many similarities to Shadow Star Narutaru, that it really makes we wonder exactly how disliked the author is that no one gives him any credit, even with Bokurano they altered the anime qute a bit because the manga was allegedly too dark. Seriously just read a synopsis of Narutaru and you will be wondering you did not accidentally read the PMM synopsis. I mean despite being sarcastic he is right, the show merely takes plot that have been around for a while adds Moe and Lesbians, and all of a sudden everyone thinks its the greatest thing since slice bread. Even the moe thing has been done before arguably depending on your definition if you look at a show like Gunslinger Girls.

IS is no masterpiece on the other hand either, it oozes cliches and stock characters all over the place, has probably the most one dimensional lead ever , the man has not grown either as a pilot or emotionally over almost 7 novels. That being said no one sees IS as anything more than a fun little show, so the bar is set right where it should be; while PMM on the other hand receives accolades that rightfully do not belong to the show.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
What, I'm not allowed to dislike PMMM?

Hell no man! You crazy? That's Kazemon15's shtick! You might as well be..... copyright infringing or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3