• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: King of Fighters anime in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolGAL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:41 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind seeing the anime because i love the games.Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DarkSamurai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
a new king of fighters anime, sweet thanks JTtheBrick your the best. i'm a big king of fighters fan. And Terry is my favorite character. I remember back in the day when i first chose terry. Back in the day with super nintendo (fatal Fury) then playstation King of fighters 99. Then KOF dream match for the DreamCast. Sorry guys. i got to carried away. this is an anime question forum not a game descussion.

POWER WAVE!!!!!!!
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
Now if they could SOMEHOW find some way to insert Hotaru Futaba in, even out of complete fanservice, I'd be quite super happy. =)

Well, they put Rock in it. Whatever the hell made them think THAT was a good idea is beyond me. I wish a KOF anime was made when they still cared about continuity just a LITTLE bit more (AOF time change aside). I liked SNK before they had the Playmore bit added.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
Now if they could SOMEHOW find some way to insert Hotaru Futaba in, even out of complete fanservice, I'd be quite super happy. =)

Well, they put Rock in it. Whatever the hell made them think THAT was a good idea is beyond me. I wish a KOF anime was made when they still cared about continuity just a LITTLE bit more (AOF time change aside). I liked SNK before they had the Playmore bit added.

Well, if memory serves me right, didn't Geese come back like a million times while still under SNK minus Playmore?

Still, I guess SNK was better back in the day. At least they didn't puke out shit characters like "Original" Zero, or Ingiz (easily the laziest made and cheapest SNK boss (or any fighting game boss for that matter) I've ever encountered. Did I mention that he provides a really shitty unoriginal and anti-climatic end to the NESTS arc, which had quite a lot of potential?)

Hotaru is still the best character SNK made. EVER. =)

Too bad her ending pic on Neo Geo Battle Colliseum is super loli. =(
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Master Ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Some animated footage (Scroll down)

Leona is in it! Razz
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Check these suckers out!(The Joysticks)
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:
Check these suckers out!(The Joysticks)

They're nice, but I've always felt the original NEOGEO console controllers felt a little too cheap and "clicky" without enough resistance to the buttons. I'm guessing these are improved over the originals from 15 years ago.

And then I'd never be able to choose between a Kusanagi or Yagami controller so I'd have to buy one of each...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Izlude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Fighting games don't make good anime theres not enough of a plot.

Nethier do harem's or hentai, but they are done anyways!

It's all about having very good animation, action, fanservice, and all that good stuff, who needs plot? It's not like it hasn't been done before enough already, so may as well get right to the good stuff - the fighting, and that is where the KOF games really excel.

Although if ya want something a lil more mellow, there is the Samurai Spirits II OVA, which has never been released over here, and probably never will after that god awful movie.

[quote="Michi")[/quote]Well, they put Rock in it. Whatever the hell made them think THAT was a good idea is beyond me.[/quote]

This KOF OVA series takes place in the Maximum Impact series, where Rock is a present character. If you finish KOF 2k3 with the Garou Team (Terry, Joe, Tizoc), you'll also see Rock in the background. Although in KOF 2k1 and 2k2, a 10 year old Rock shows up in Terry's win poses >_>

Ethier way, SNK has pretty much always been about pleasing fans by having their favorite characters there, and this OVA is no exception Razz
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:46 am Reply with quote
Geese came back to life officially once in the old days, in Fatal Fury 3, and pretty much became to Terry what Norman Osborn is to Spider-Man. After his death in Real Bout Fatal Fury, he stayed dead (until recently). His appearances in Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and 2 aren't canon, since those games don't really have a story aside from some fun joke endings.

The Original Zero stuff, Igniz, etc. are things to thank Eolith for. I wouldn't blame it on SNKP. That includes the young Rock cameos, which might as well be retconned at this point.
Quote:

Don't tell me this came as any kind of surprise.
Quote:
Although if ya want something a lil more mellow, there is the Samurai Spirits II OVA, which has never been released over here, and probably never will after that god awful movie.

Not to mention it's based on the Hyper Neo Geo 64 games, which a grand total of five people have ever played. :s
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:

The Original Zero stuff, Igniz, etc. are things to thank Eolith for. I wouldn't blame it on SNKP. That includes the young Rock cameos, which might as well be retconned at this point.

I'm not quite blaming SNKP, but more so saying that SNK was quite a bit better at the character developing and storylines prior to them "shutting down".

Eolith made me cry with 01'. No really. 2000 was excellent, and set the NESTS storyline arc up for a really nice conclusion. spoiler[Leveling South Town and having Zero utterly anihalated by his own cannon controled by NESTS, the prior introduction of K' and later Kula, and the "lights in the ceiling"], it was all pretty cool until it was thrown away by spoiler[making wannabe god the mastermind behind it all, who's master plan to become a god is completely incoherent with all the cloning and giant space weapons..] Not to mention that compared to 2000, 2001's music and character art was utterly abysmal.

Captain Crotchspike wrote:

Quote:

Don't tell me this came as any kind of surprise.

It super did. =(

Come on. She's not THAT loli. =(
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2