• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Scryed Marks 10th Year with Special Edit of TV Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:11 am Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:
I can't really remember Scyed on Adult Swim so I am curious see it again I do like Dragon Ball Zaki the reedit of Dragon Ball Z if Adult Swim bring the reedit Scryed back and stay with it I might watch it I wish they would let a series run it's course instead of droping a series in mid course like ONE PIECE andBLUE DRAGON among others. Surprised
Adult Swim had neither of those shows.
Relairknight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
[/quote] S-cry-ed would have been better with more of the girl with short blue hair. Man, she was hot. [/quote]

Totally agree, Scheris was so damn cute, best part of the show Very Happy Well that and rival's robo-mewtwo thing lol.

edit: bleh stupid quotes, too lazy to fix it !
LKK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 am Reply with quote
IMO, the best thing they need could do to improve S-Cry-Ed is to eliminate the final episode. Any other possible changes pale in comparison to the improvement removing that last episode would produce.
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quote
LKK wrote:
IMO, the best thing they need could do to improve S-Cry-Ed is to eliminate the final episode. Any other possible changes pale in comparison to the improvement removing that last episode would produce.

WTF are saying? The last episode of scryed is one the greatest episodes of any anime ever conceived. An entire episode where two rivals beat each other senseless for 20 mintutes all because their rivalry merely extends to just "I don't like you".

Any ways, I hope this means for a new scryed project in the near future.
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
If I could make any "special edit" to the series, it would be to take that last sequence of episodes that play out like an RPG party's assault on the last boss's evil tower (even complete with mid-bosses), throw that out, and put in...some other kind of resolution. I dunno...even cribbing some climax from an X-Men comic would be more solid than their RPG dungeon. Whenever I think "Hey, Scryed was fun, maybe I should re-watch it sometime," I then think of those episodes and shudder.

Oh, and then I'd take out the full-body Alter transformations that make Ryuhou look like a Megaman villain and Kazuma look like a mechanical moomba from FF8. Just...keep the secondary forms; those were cool enough.

Despite my criticisms, I actually did enjoy Scryed, it's just that those last 4-5 episodes are like a classic example of why I want to watch a series in full before I plunk down any money for it. Even if an anime is good for over half the series, there's still the opportunity for it to take a facepalm-inducing nosedive really late in the game.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
egoist wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
s-CRY-ed was impressively average.

Hope you're looking at it from a 2001 perspective.

So? A great show should still be great 10-20 years later.

Oh, right. Why exactly can I count those shows on my fingers?

And no. Infinite Ryvius was some teen angst mellow drama I couldn't get past episode 5. That thing aged really badly.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Well it would be interesting if they remake the show instead of editing the TV Series.

But I would not mind watching this "special edit," but I am going to start laughing if they just shorten the op or ed and call it "special edit" Laughing
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
egoist wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

And no. Infinite Ryvius was some teen angst mellow drama I couldn't get past episode 5. That thing aged really badly.

Right off of the top of my head (keep in mind that this is strictly shows I have seen)

70's: MSG
80's: Macross, Zeta Gundam, Gundam 0080, Ranma 1/2
90': Giant Robo, G Gundam, GaoGaiGar, Gundam Wing, Slayers, Saber Marionette J, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Beebop, Trigun, Yuu Yuu Hakushou, Rurouni Kenshin
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
s-Cry-ed was one of those shows that was really great as long as you had other friends to watch it with and alcohol to imbibe. It was great to make fun of and laugh at for its over-the-top ridiculousness ("MY BALLS!"), and to give an MST3K or Riff Trax-style treatment. On its own, however? Not that good. Certainly not "worthy of a 10th anniversary celebration" good, which makes the decision to celebrate it as such a rather odd one to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
egoist wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

No way. Infinite Ryvius started off weak, but got WAY better. Once stuff started moving I was much more invested.

Plus, that opening.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 am Reply with quote
If they're going to do anything to this, they should just adapt the manga version into an anime. The plot was so much shorter and more concise, they could do the whole thing in 13 episodes, and it'd be a blast. Plus, it'd have to air on AT-X or late at night. It would be awesome.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Right off of the top of my head (keep in mind that this is strictly shows I have seen)

70's: MSG
80's: Macross, Zeta Gundam, Gundam 0080, Ranma 1/2
90': Giant Robo, G Gundam, GaoGaiGar, Gundam Wing, Slayers, Saber Marionette J, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Beebop, Trigun, Yuu Yuu Hakushou, Rurouni Kenshin

How about leaving your nostalgia aside buddy.
Seraphim_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote
Scryed Kai it is then... hopefully they eliminate all the bad nuances and make for a tighter action-packed show.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote
Wow, I gotta say I did NOT see THIS coming! I would say the original series would have been OK if it was 24 episodes instead of 26. spoiler[ I just don't understand the main characters' motivation for wanting to kick each other's asses at the end. After all, they were merely being manipulated by the big bad guy Kyoji Mujo, and when he was defeated, why would they want to fight each other anymore?]

Nonetheless, it will be really interesting to see if s-CRY-ed Kai even gets a dub or a TV deal over here. If G4 revives Anime Unleashed! it might be a natural for the butt-end of that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2