• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neptunia Anime Event Cancelled Due to Man Wielding Object

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Except no one actually knows why he did what he did, but all you guys, literally THOUSANDS OF MILES AND ENTIRE CONTINENTS AWAY are perfectly willing to make blanket assumptions and blame "otaku" and the "anime industry" for this.
Anime1Games

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Except no one actually knows why he did what he did, but all you guys, literally THOUSANDS OF MILES AND ENTIRE CONTINENTS AWAY are perfectly willing to make blanket assumptions and blame "otaku" and the "anime industry" for this.

They'll blame video games soon enough and McDonalds.
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Just not afraid to put the mirror up and say "look in it." lol
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You'd blame the knife, you'd blame television, you'd blame anything except the guilty. You aren't really blaming this guy for anything BTW. You are finding excuses for him.

Mmmm... if I had to rephrase your last sentence I'd say, "You'd blame the knife and the industry that sharpened it."

Last edited by Sachiko2010 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The knife sharpeners are the worst offenders here.

Thank you!! Finally, we are in agreement! Smile The industry is sharpening these wacko's knives. I'm glad we can finally shake hands and make up. We've reached common ground.

Last edited by Sachiko2010 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Sachiko2010 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Just not afraid to put the mirror up and say "look in it." lol

Look, I think the J-Idol industry is pretty bad, and what happened with Minegishi Minami was terrible. I even discussed it in the context of AKB0048.

That being said, your blanket assumption that this was clearly a "deranged otaku" is insulting. 99.9999% of otaku have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for seiyuu. Thats why they were at that event! To denigrate all the other otaku because of the actions of one person (who may or may not also be one, and is clearly messed up either way) is idiotic.

This is no different then if you made a blanket claim that all "movie fans" are horrible people whenever some crazy person tries to do something to a hollywood actor.

"Otaku" are just people. Period. Stop acting like its some horrible label and you can just use it as a reason to tar them because you don't approve of their interests.

Edit: Also trim your goddamn quotes before Tony shows up and throws a fit over them. Since clearly overly-large quotes are the WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Edit: Also trim your goddamn quotes before Tony shows up and throws a fit over them. Since clearly overly-large quotes are the WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN

Hey now, no reason to toss bad words at me. lol. You're angry, I get it. I've said something bad about the industry and that's clearly set you off. It's hit your big "red button." I'm sorry about that.

You think the industry has zero responsibility here, even as (in my opinion) it's clear that it markets its female employees as delectable bits of virginal flesh (the "daughters" and "little sisters" that we hear about so often). I think the industry bears alot of responsibility for this, even as I say (I grow weary repeating myself but I won't curse at you) that this guy is clearly a criminal and needs help. The otaku tent is big. Not everyone in it is going to show up with a crowbar at an event like this, but alot of them are very concerned about the dating habits of the female voice acting employees of these production houses. Don't you think that is weird? And don't you think it's weird that the production houses foster that whole thing? That's all I've got to say. Flame away. lol

Last edited by Sachiko2010 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anime1Games

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Sachiko2010 wrote:

Edit: Also trim your goddamn quotes before Tony shows up and throws a fit over them. Since clearly overly-large quotes are the WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN[/quote]

Hey now, no reason to toss bad words at me. lol. You're angry, I get it. I've said something bad about the industry and that's clearly set you off. It's hit your big "red button." I'm sorry about that.

You think the industry has zero responsibility here, even as (in my opinion) it's clear that it markets its female employees as delectable bits of virginal flesh (the "daughters" and "little sisters" that we hear about so often). I think the industry bears alot of responsibility for this, even as I say (I grow weary repeating myself but I won't curse at you) that this guy is clearly a criminal and needs help. The otaku tent is big. Not everyone in it is going to show up with a crowbar at an event like this, but alot of them are very concerned about the dating habits of the female voice acting employees of these production houses. Don't you think that is weird? And don't you think it's weird that the production houses foster that whole thing? That's all I've got to say. Flame away. lol[/quote]

Yeah you are trolling.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Sachiko2010 wrote:

Wow, its almost as if you didn't even read what I wrote.

Quote:

You think the industry has zero responsibility here, even as (in my opinion) it's clear that it markets its female employees as delectable bits of virginal flesh (the "daughters" and "little sisters") that we hear about so often).

First of all, we're not talking about the Idol industry, we're talking about seiyuu. Somewhat related, but not the same thing at all. Seiyuu get married all the time, and have never apologized for it.

Yes there have been some controversy over certain seiyuu's relationships, and while I don't approve of people who make a big deal out of it, its highly unusual for such a thing to happen

Quote:
I think the industry bears alot of responsibility for this, even as I say (I grow weary repeating myself but I won't curse at you) that this guy is clearly a criminal and needs help. The otaku tent is big. Not everyone in it is going to show up with a crowbar at an event like this, but alot of them are very concerned about the dating habits of the female voice acting employees of these production houses? Don't you think that is weird? And don't you think it's weird that the production houses foster that whole thing? That's all I've got to say. Flame away. lol

You haven't established that its "a lot", or that he's an otaku, or that he was upset over Tanaka Rie being married, or really anything at all.

I don't think those attitudes are good either, I think they are terrible and toxic. BUT ITS ALSO NOT THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Sachiko2010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah you are trolling. You're like Heinzendegger claiming this guy is his hero. This guy is not his hero, he's just seeking attention regardless of the kind of attention he's seeking.

I am not trollling. Good lord. Just because you do not agree with me and are apparently incensed with what I am saying about the industry does not mean that I am trolling you. It just means you might want to get a grip and realize that not everyone agrees with you.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
The idol fantasy versus reality problem is not the issue here, dude. We're talking about unchecked aggression here.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Shit guys how can you fail so [expletive] hard at quote tags?

Fix your goddamn posts and take those huge walls of quotes out of your previous posts.

Christ.
Anime1Games

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Sachiko2010 wrote:
Quote:
Yeah you are trolling. You're like Heinzendegger claiming this guy is his hero. This guy is not his hero, he's just seeking attention regardless of the kind of attention he's seeking.

I am not trollling. Good lord. Just because you do not agree with me and are apparently incensed with what I am saying about the industry does not mean that I am trolling you. It just means you might want to get a grip and realize that not everyone agrees with you.

No, no. It's not a matter of whether or not we agree with each other. It's the fact that you want people to 'flame away' and how you're taking the 'blame everyone else, but the guilty' stance here.

You've also made it clear that you aren't really reading most of what we say.
Anime1Games

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Shit guys how can you fail so [expletive] hard at quote tags?

Fix your goddamn posts and take those huge walls of quotes out of your previous posts.

Christ.

Can you calm yourself down? And why are you cussing and also censoring yourself at the same time?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
The quote walls are also just really obnoxious, so it's really just basic forum discussion etiquette to not let them get huge. Quote what's relevant and only the last couple of people, the minimum necessary for someone to get the discussion without having to look back through the thread to earlier posts. It's not hard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5