• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking for a good place to sell used anime...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoshball

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I want to sell a book or DVD, I use www.half.com. Though now currently owned by ebay, they have a different pricing scheme (your ebay user name will work at half too, and all your feedback from ebay will show up at half).

First, there are no list fees. So you can list anything for an indefinent amount of time and pay nothing. Second, you set your own prices; there is no auction, and you can see what the usual selling price is. Third, there are very few bootlegs that I, at least, have found on the site. Fourth, when your item sells, half takes about a 15% cut from the sell price but not your shipping reimbursment, which is usually enough to mail anywhere.

I love using that site to buy and sell textbooks too, it is really good for that (I've grossed $1500 just selling mine and my roomie's textbooks for the past two years).

If you do use the site, remember to list a really good description of the DVD quality and use. Small time members, like myself, usually look for other small time members who actually tell you what condition the DVD will be in rather than some giant store with mass listings that give no information. Even if your DVD is the same price as someone else's, the more description you have will mean you will get the sale.

Also remember that the stuff you list will either sell immediately or take forever. Don't worry, since there are no listing fees, it can't hurt. I've sold a book recently that I had listed for over a year and a half.

Amazon.com's used books/DVD section also available, but I haven't used the seller's side so I'm sure of the quality, though the buyer's side of used goods is very good.

Good luck with selling!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2