• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tiger and Bunny (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
I'm a little disappointed in Sky High. Out of all the heroes, the giant ham seems to me the last person who should be saying "at least one of us should survive."

It could be that he wasn't referring to himself. At least that's what I made out of it.

Anyway. Nice episode, with a scene that reminded people about a famous battle anime scene.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Ggltra2764--Thanks to your post, I noticed thespoiler[ Goku & Piccolo Vs. Raditz fight similarity during the T&B vs H-01 battle while I watched it. But, man, did Kotetsu have to take the hit?! I didn't even expect him to survive the initial blast, so watching Bunny looking for him, thinking that Tiger's power's shielded him completely was devastating.

Tiger's long, dramatic, theatrical death speech was cheesy, and did he have to mention Barnaby's pretty, long eye lashes? Between that and Barnaby's tearful confession about learning to make fried rice for Kotetsu, it's like they're trying to encourage hard core yaoi doujinshi. Writers, you saw those mousepads, didn't you? The Fujoshi were bad enough without obvious BL lines! Razz

But maybe the fear of fangirl wrath alone could keep Kotetsu alive. If so, than it's alright by me! Very Happy

I loved Kaede in this episode. She was brave, her aim was perfect, and she was so excited to meet her father, so *proud* of him. I just want to hug her now. Sad]
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Just watched epiosde 25. ME WANT SEQUEL NOW!!!!!!

I suppose I shouldn;t be too surprised that spoiler[Kotetsu surived. When the episode was halfway done with him still supposedly dead I almost gave up, but when Maverick had Kaede at gunpoint it was pretty obvious Kotetsu would come back].

While it seemed a bit rushed i do like that both Kotetsu and Baranby's character arcs were sort of resolved. Kotetsu spoiler[deciding to remain a hero with his power loss was sort of surprising but it is something he would do, and it;s nice that Kaede was the one who egged him into doing it, and Barnaby;s scene was a bit touching]

I knew the Ouroborous thing wouldn;t be resolved this season but Maverick spoiler[ wiping his own memory gives some indications to how scary they are]. And the bit at the end was one heck of a sequel hook(and at this point there;s no way there won;t be a sequel.

On a random note spoiler[I cheered when Lunatic showed up to kill Marverick. Justice well served]
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Just watched epiosde 25. ME WANT SEQUEL NOW!!!!!!

Yes! There was a lot more left unresolved than I expected.

Quote:
On a random note spoiler[I cheered when Lunatic showed up to kill Marverick. Justice well served]

I was surprised it took him that long. I'd been waiting the last three episodes for spoiler[Maverick or Rotwang to suddenly combust unexpectedly. But I don't think justice was served-- now we'll never know if Kaede could have reversed what Maverick did to himself!

I don't seem to have done very well on end-of-series predictions. Embarassed At least I got that Ben was going to wind up as a high-level executive at Apollon. I figured the reason for the Second League would be so Kotetsu could be relegated to it at some point, but I thought that was going to be before he pulled himself together.

The SO, OTOH, said when we were discussing the last episode that obviously Kotetsu wasn't going to die because Kaede hadn't told him he was cool yet...]

So, what have got got for the next series: spoiler[Ouroboros... the secret evil city council, if they aren't the same thing... Kaede probably going to Hero Academy... more Lunatic. I don't approve of his methods, but he's an interesting character and I'd like to see him get enlightened rather than killed off.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Botan24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:

I suppose I shouldn;t be too surprised that spoiler[Kotetsu surived. When the episode was halfway done with him still supposedly dead I almost gave up, but when Maverick had Kaede at gunpoint it was pretty obvious Kotetsu would come back].

Be surprised, if you want! It was a happy ending and all I can say is "Hell yeah!" spoiler[I was mentally prepared for the idea that Kotetsu might really be dead. However, I am so glad he's not!] And I like the way everything was tied up neatly at the end. Maybe it was a little simplified, but that's fine with me.

Divineking wrote:

I didn't cheer, but I did enjoy a satisfied chuckle. There is something so intriguing and inevitably satisfying about a vigilante. I hope for much more Lunatic in the second season.

And speaking of the second season, I too anxiously await its arrival. I don't think there's much doubt that there will be another season. This show is very popular from all reports, so it would only make sense to give us more. Not too mention but they obviously want to continue the whole "Ouroboros" storyline, of which I am excited about.
Asuron

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did when i saw the title of the book Blue Roses was reading.

Anyways that was a good ending,wasn't overly convoluted nor stupidly simple. Struck a nice balance. The one year part was done well as well
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for the sequel.

Tiger & Bunny never managed to achieve its full potential - not even close - but it was well made and almost always entertaining. Special kudos go out to the character of Tiger who is easily one of the year's finest male leads. Bunny is also really good, especially at the end, but Tiger is in a league of his own. Even with only one minute of power left he's still staying true to his ideals; great stuff.

There were plenty of loose ends, but with the sequel already in the works (and given the sales volumes thus far, why wouldn't it be), I am quite placated.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that A: Kaede could have have brought back Maverick's memories, and B: that Maverick could have wiped the memory of everyone in the entire city by using the Hero TV broadcast, and finally C: that Blue Rose was reading a very interesting book at the end. Honestly, I almost never indulge in shipping but Blue Rose x Tiger for the win. I know it won't happen but it's certainly a nice tease that Sunrise is doing. And I can dream, right?
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the sequel.

Tiger & Bunny never managed to achieve its full potential - not even close - but it was well made and almost always entertaining. Special kudos go out to the character of Tiger who is easily one of the year's finest male leads. Bunny is also really good, especially at the end, but Tiger is in a league of his own. Even with only one minute of power left he's still staying true to his ideals; great stuff.

There were plenty of loose ends, but with the sequel already in the works (and given the sales volumes thus far, why wouldn't it be), I am quite placated.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that A: Kaede could have have brought back Maverick's memories, and B: that Maverick could have wiped the memory of everyone in the entire city by using the Hero TV broadcast, and finally C: that Blue Rose was reading a very interesting book at the end. Honestly, I almost never indulge in shipping but Blue Rose x Tiger for the win. I know it won't happen but it's certainly a nice tease that Sunrise is doing. And I can dream, right?
MahouSekai魔法世界

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
I first discovered this anime when I was listening to Unison Square Garden, Soul Eater Op 1. There was a song from them called
Orion Wo Nazoru - Tiger & Bunny Op 1.
I haven't watched it yet but seems interesting
newotaku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote
That ending was totally fishing for a sequel, but spoiler[I'm just wondering, with only a minute of powers for Kotetsu, how much would he be able to do in the next season? They'll either have to have a convenient plot device to enhance his powers, or they'll have to leave it up to the rest of the heroes, and maybe throw Kaede into the mix.]

Otherwise, it was a great ending, and I think spoiler[even though they were on the losing side, that final fight with the androids was probably the best fight scene in the whole series, with the heroes showing off their abilities. I didn't think they were actually going to kill off Kotetsu, but it was still pretty convincing.

I hope next season, they'll give us more backstory on Fire Emblem and Rock Bison, and that they'll FINALLY tell us what/who Ouroborous is!]
corinthian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
A fine end to a pretty good series. I don't follow a lot of anime these days, but this is a show where I was always looking forward to the next episode. And I totally called what was going to happen to Maverick. I vote for more Lunatic in season 2.

I kind of wish the series was a bit more serious so it could more effectively address the issues it raises (corporate influence, media saturation, imprisoning/rehabilitating vs killing, etc.), but at the same time I like that the show generally stuck to being light and fun. Tiger & Bunny struck a good balance, which is pretty tough to do sometimes.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I loved that final battle. Had we gotten something like that two episodes previous I would have believed the tension when Kotetsu and Barnaby had to fight fake Tiger by themselves. It makes me feel much less cheated to see the heroes in a proper battle against legitimately dangerous foes.

Overall I enjoyed the show. It was enjoyable and fun, if a bit heavy-handed in its drama and at times cliche, most often with its villains spoiler[(I cheered a little when Maverick kicked the obnoxious evil scientist guy to his death)].
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
A good ending. The part where the fight against Maverick ends was well done. spoiler[I was actually thinking that things looked hopeless for them when the robots were overpowering them if I didn't know in the back of my mind the scientist guy would disable them, but since a week had past, I momentarily forgot and didn't think of how they would get out of that. The action sequences were quite incredible. I actually didn't think about if Tiger was alive or dead and just waited to see what happens. It was surprising when he was rising up when Kaede was in danger.

It was awesome when they had Maverick cornered and it turned out his speech was being broadcasted to the entire city. Lunatic was really in character when he took him out later. About 1 minute tiger, I really thought back when he got a power boost, I thought it was foreshadowing that they would eventually get a stronger version of their powers or some might get second powers{I thought jake was foreshadowing for that it was possible to become stronger.} Perhaps next season, Tiger will find a way to become stronger or get a second power?

Also, I was kind of dissapointed Sky High got a neutral ending with no closure on the android girl. I thought something like him meeting the girl CIS is based off of would have been his ending. Since Rotang built her, he must have based the androids appearence on a real girl {Kind of like that scientist in BIG O based Dorothy off his daughter.} If so, then Keith would eventually run into her somewhere in Sternbild, {perhaps at a store or even the sidewalk?} It would have also been humorous if there was dialogue involved.

Sky High would see her and think "It's her!" and go up to her, saying something like "Thank you, and thank you again! Your words inspired me to overcome an heavy obstacle in my life." And she wouldn't have any idea what he was talking about since he didn't know that the girl he had talked to before was an android based on this girls looks. Then Sky High should say "Pardon my impulsiveness, of course I wouldn't be remembered from a few short exchanges at the park so long ago. Allow me to re-introduce myself, I am Keith Goodman! The few words you spoke to me in those days meant volumes!" {Sorry if I can't write Sky High's dialogue accurately or get his character right, but that's the gist of it! Something like that would have been inspirational. Sure, theres also the fact that the android showed super strength, which may or may not lead to Keith realizing theres a contradiction with the girl he met then to the girl he meets now. But that could turn out to be a plot point itself, when either Tiger or Bunny point out that the girl looks like the android they fought that night over a year ago. Or instead make her also be a NEXT, so it doesn't become apparent right away to Sky High.} I still think it be great if Sky High finds the real girl that the android is based off of. Then we can see what Sky High is like when he has a girlfriend. Maybe he will be hammier than usual, and even talk about how she inspires him or that he fights on her behalf when making speeches against villains? ]
Shocked
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote
The finale was awesome, and I'm revved up for Season 2! The biggest-and greatest-surprise of the night wasspoiler[ that Agnes, of all people, got the "Hell yeah! Hero moment!" in the fight. Was *not* expecting that!
]

spoiler[I don't know why Tiger can't be a hero without powers.] Origami Cyclone barely uses his powers. He relies mostly on his strength, training and the suit. I know Tiger's not in his prime, but that suit could make anybody a hero if they wanted to be! Wink
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
So I saw the 2nd movie on Sunday. It was pretty awesome. A good follow up to the TV show with great action and character moments. Fire Emblem's character arc is most notable, as it's rare to see a mainstream title giving that subject matter proper weight.

I was ready to hate Golden Ryan, but, while he was a jerk, he wasn't unlikable. He actually made a pretty good team with Barnaby.

Lunatic was sadly a bit wasted spoiler[as he just shows up randomly to fight Kotetsu near the end and then just kinda leaves.] But better than him not appearing.

Here's hoping for another sequel so they can continue the Ouroborous storyline.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 25