• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children Delayed, Possible Theatrical Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote
And Bittorent cries again with the subsequent overload of "I'll wait for the DVD to prove my legitimacy" fanboys now turning rogue.

Good Job Square-Enix!!
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote
edit: You know, these new banner ads are getting on my goddamn nerves. How do I complain to the makers of these DVD's that I am flat-out refusing to buy any of their products due to this crap?

If I have another double post, i'm just gonna go down to Wal-Mart and start burning the DVD boxsets.

Last edited by Abarenbo Shogun on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Proman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Possible theatrical release (even if it's just a limited one) is good news to Final Fantasy VII fans but let's not forget that this movie wasn't exactly meant to bee seen on the big screen (it's all about resolution, people).
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote
the more and more this gets delayed the more and more tempted I am to break down and import the r2 dvd rip and and fansub my own personal use copy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Spoofer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
As a lot of others have already said, this has been known about for months now. It's nothing new or shocking.
Izlude

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
AC wasnt even really that good in comparasion to Last Order.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Last Order was horrible, though. Are you saying AC pales in comparison to something that's horrible?
RedComet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
Last Order was horrible, though. Are you saying AC pales in comparison to something that's horrible?

Last Order was just a recap of info or an event you had already seen. I found it boring. The animation was very nice though.
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Rihan wrote:

Actualy, if you would have paid attention to websites, they have had the release date anywhere from Jan 10th - April 4th for some time now.

I have been paying attention to Web sites, and this is the first I've heard of it - most still list November 2005 as the release date. Apparently I'm not in "the know" about which sites to hedge my bets on. Rolling Eyes I'm not the only one here this is news to.

In retrospect, I did wonder why there was nonexistent fuss going on about the DVD's release. This is a perfect example of how the catchphrase "No news is good news" falls utterly flat. I wonder if they're putting the screws to us happily or actually have twinges of regret.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
RedComet wrote:

Last Order was just a recap of info or an event you had already seen. I found it boring. The animation was very nice though.

Except for the fact that key scenes were altered so that they now contradict major plotlines present in the game, as most people familiar with FF7 know. Even if this wasn't the case, it's still an incredibly weak presentation. So if it isn't pleasing most FF7 fans, who exactly is it pleasing?

AC was at least pretty to look at, and didn't undo as much of FF7's pre-existing storyline.
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
fxg97873 wrote:
RezSav wrote:
Isn't anybody worried about the Root Kits? Surly this film must have some sort of copy protection on it from the BGM like Sony has been putting on its CD's

No...because you can't put Root Kits on set top DVD players (and since they are not networked, it serves no purpose).

The only copy protection set top DVD players have is CSS (for digital) and Macrovision (for analog). If Sony put something else on, then the DVD's would not play (unless you bought a special DVD player Sony). The industry would actually love to have something other than CSS ( as my grandmother could rip a DVD) but then everything would lose compatibility.

mk2000

I was referring to watching the movie via your computer, something that I do most of the time... And mostly because I want a good desktop background.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Good thing I saw AC back in September; saved myself the headache of pushed back dates. Still going to buy the DVD when it's released; and probably will see AC in the "Limited" fashion (if there's a reasonable close theatre)
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
This is just a simple question but if Final Fantasy V II: Advent Children does get a theatrical release will it be showing in canadian theatres?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
sorvani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
it will probably see a release very similar to Appleseed's was.
about 20 theaters across the US.

but damnit this pisses me off. i KNEW i should have bought the R2 when it came out(Sept 19). I was in Japan on the 20th, but with the expected release date of Nov back then i thought.. i'll wait for the sub. damn hindsight.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it isn't getting ridiculus but I don't care too much the movies graphics looks nice and I've played the game ff7(though I think FF8 is better) it had a nice story to...but..I just don't think the movie is going to hold my interest but for the rest of you sorry. But I'm still more mad about Robotech being delayed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6