• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Exorcist (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga:

This project has in general a good story and characters, great visual design (except for everybody's heads are too wide), but low class, goofy, smily-cheesy, cheap plot moves. The characters have been intentionally made stupid and forgetful to create fake drama. It is lazy writing as author did not care enough to throw away the contrived twists to think deeper and come up with something more believable.

Overall, despite the drawbacks it is not a monster-of-the-week project, so the worst anime sin has been avoided. Thus the fair rating for this show is between "Good" and "Very good", and since I am, as always, kind, I voted the latter.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Shimane Illuminati Saga Episodes 1-6

No, I'm not actually going to talk about all six episodes. That would require energy and motivation and other stuff I don't own. But I did want to say how freakin' much I'm enjoying this arc. Damn, I liked the Kyoto Saga too but this one is kind of blowing that out of the water. Izumo's backstory is... intense. It certainly explains why she is the way she is. Rewatching the franchise will be interesting with this knowledge. Anyway, this show is right up there with Frieren for titles I am absolutely loving the heck out of.
zfunk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I say this arc's villain has done a great job of being totally disgusting, and hoping for someone to punch him in the face.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Seconded. I also want Shima punched in his stupid face, too. I am anxious to find out the reason for his treachery. It better be something good. But damn, what a great arc...
zfunk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Well I am just glad this arc gets animated before My Hero Academia animates their later arcs, because people be screaming ripoff even though this series did it first.

On another note, the Illumanati's second in command, she got some big breasts, does she look like that in the manga?, or are the animators taking some liberties. Normally that type of character with that type of personality are flat chested.Of course there could be a reveal that she is stuffing her chest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8