• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TokyoPop Interview

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:01 am Reply with quote
MAN, OH MAN: TOKYOPOP TALKS NEW SHONEN-AI TITLES
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=2236
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
billslates

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Evil Shonen-ai! Evil! Hopefully Tokyopop doesn't turn into another Animerica Extra.
Aurora

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, they've already done some mildly shonen-ai stuff like Dragon Knights, I don't see the problem. It might not be as popular here as it could be, because here, homosexuality is more looked down upon. But I don't see any real problems with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
billslates

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:47 am Reply with quote
I'm not raelly against Shonen-Ai. Its just that I don't underestimate the power of fangirls. Whenever some slips into a place, chances are it gets overthrown with shonen-ai and shojo-type manga. I.e. Animerica Extra, though I think it was aimed at girls to begin with.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:23 pm Reply with quote
billslates wrote:
I'm not raelly against Shonen-Ai. Its just that I don't underestimate the power of fangirls. Whenever some slips into a place, chances are it gets overthrown with shonen-ai and shojo-type manga. I.e. Animerica Extra, though I think it was aimed at girls to begin with.

there releasing so many series I find it hard that would happen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
silveruby

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Wheee, Shonen-ai rocks but Yaoi is way better. Wink

Anyway, I think it's pretty fair that TP is actually releasing Shonen-ai. There are so many manga that targets guys that I think girls should deserve some as well. Besides, just like some girls enjoy shonen, I'm sure guys with open minds will enjoy shonen-ai as well.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:53 pm Reply with quote
silveruby wrote:
Wheee, Shonen-ai rocks but Yaoi is way better. Wink

Anyway, I think it's pretty fair that TP is actually releasing Shonen-ai. There are so many manga that targets guys that I think girls should deserve some as well. Besides, just like some girls enjoy shonen, I'm sure guys with open minds will enjoy shonen-ai as well.

*raises hand*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Anybody remember Four Shojo Stories? The story They Were Eleven in there was the first manga other than Ranma I ever read, and it's wonderful; way better than the anime they made of it. The latest issue of The Comics Journal has an article about the artist. Anyway, if Shojo type manga finally takes off here, maybe Viz will finally get cracking on Please Save My Earth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1