• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cobs' Poll: What Kind of Otaku to Have as Boyfriend

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
In all fairness, and in actuallity, what these females are really saying is their number 1 choice is always the man that showers them with otaku like obsession as long as it doesn't turn into stalking. They will tolerate only a certain amount of their partner's other obsessions as long as it takes a back seat to their own. :wink:

So Mohawk52, let me see if I get the gist of what your saying. So basically, as long as the guy makes sure to pay attention to her, her interests and makes sure he doesn't go overboard with his own "otaku" hobbies" you make the relationship work?

Sounds fair to me, seeing as in life you can find equilibrium your more likely to have success. Yet in general, equilibrium is a good to have anyway though.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
In all fairness, and in actuallity, what these females are really saying is their number 1 choice is always the man that showers them with otaku like obsession as long as it doesn't turn into stalking. They will tolerate only a certain amount of their partner's other obsessions as long as it takes a back seat to their own. Wink

So Mohawk52, let me see if I get the gist of what your saying. So basically, as long as the guy makes sure to pay attention to her, her interests and makes sure he doesn't go overboard with his own "otaku" hobbies" you make the relationship work?

Sounds fair to me, seeing as in life you can find equilibrium your more likely to have success. Yet in general, equilibrium is a good to have anyway though.
Got it in one me laddy, it's always a question of balance. 34 years of marrage has taught me this. Wink
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quote
No video game otaku? I guess I sometimes forget girls watching anime is far more common than girls playing video games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5