• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Freezing (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote
I looked for one as soon as this thread first appeared,as I thought that I remembered participating in a discussion for this one, but I couldn't find it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
Aye, me either, except for this. But it's not the veritable series discussion thread that I was looking for. So, I decided to begin one.
OncelostLu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd say I'm pretty much on the same page with you. I would say that the one..I guess oversight? or just silliness, that really irritated me with the ending battle.

spoiler[ Neither of the limiters did anything until the very end. I'm fairly certain things would not have gotten so bad if either Kazuya or the other guy (don't remember his name) had stepped in to help. ]

I'm sure that was done to build on suspense/make the situation seem more dire. But I found it a bit annoying. In any case, I've been fairly excited for Vibration.
Bango

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I use this one a lot-

"A conflict should never need artificial handicaps to make it more intense. If you need to add a poorly-explained, illogical or out-of-character restriction to make a crisis dire then it shouldn't be a crisis anyway. A good conflict is intense not only through the antagonist's power but also through the logical, pre-defined shortcomings of the protagonists. By overcoming either or both of these the heros can grow and succeed."
OncelostLu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
That's actually quite good. I like that a lot.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
S2 first episode, this is a very effective away to throw even a new audience into this series as it shows pretty much what this series is about as quickly as possible in a relatively short amount of time, big titty girls that who have super powers that exist to fight giant Rah-Xephon' dolem-esque looking monsters.

It is also interesting in that if you had followed the manga for the corresponding arc, they hinted that the spoiler[meeting with Satellizer's adoptive brother is implied to have occured as the corresponding Pandora is "apparently missing" from the whose who of the Pandora world, said Pandora girl was also not present for most of the E-Pandora arc as the incident was swept under the rug because the parties involved ARE a part of a richer than god family that are key members of the Pandora project.]
[/spoiler]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Interesting new development: the spoiler[e-Pandoras. I expect there will be a lot of tension between the "natural" Pandoras and the artificial ones.] And we all know what tensions between Pandoras leads to: fighting + ripped clothing = fun for the whole family.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah now that makes 4 anime this season with Kana Hanazawa Smile. It was cool to see the 5 strongest Pandoras all in one building.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Freezing Vibration episode 1
They skipped a lot of material....

Oh well, at least there's still room for new fighting against those spoiler[E-Pandoras]. Oh and I watched this on AT-X so it was uncensored~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

They skipped a lot of material....

Yes, yes they did, but the choice to start off the series with a mock battle that is original for the adaptation is a clever move, it establishes that humanity has the ability to create mock Nova spoiler[which is effectively a call forward to current predicament in the ongoing Manga with an artificial test Nova running wild]
The Episode puts Mably and Chiffon to the front as far as how the audience SHOULD recognize said characters for the upcoming arc and not just "big titty blond girl that isn't Satelizer and the goofy girl from season 1".

Last edited by FenixFiesta on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Interesting new development: the spoiler[e-Pandoras. I expect there will be a lot of tension between the "natural" Pandoras and the artificial ones.] And we all know what tensions between Pandoras leads to: fighting + ripped clothing = fun for the whole family.

I find that kind of amusing since spoiler[to me both the "real" Pandoras and and "E-Pandora" are just as "artificial" since either way none of them were born with stigma they all had those stigma, real or fake, grafted on to them with a surgical procedure and without the procedure would not be able to do anything to fight off the Nova. Can't they all just get along, and advance the meager storyline? I wouldn't mind if this series went down the same route as the other one with the bloody girl fights and exploding clothes but it would be nice to change it up and have more of my questions answered about the Nova. ]
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
Season 2 Episode 1 Pandora Returns

spoiler[It's nice to see Satellizer, Kazuya and Rana again. Together with Chiffon Elizabeth, Cassie and other top Pandoras, they are sent to Alaska to help in Project E-Pandora, which aims to create more Pandoras with girls who usually aren't compatible with Stigma.

Of course, there is opposition for this project by Kazuya's grandfather and one of the top Pandoras insults the E-Pandoras head scientist which angers the E-Pandoras.]
getchman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
that was good start. that end card art looks a bit like a Satoshi Urushihara drawing
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
I hadn't gotten into this right away because I figured that Funimation would do the usual dumb shit when it came to second seasons that are titled differently, but then I noticed "Season 2, Episode 1" on Hulu, and promptly said, "fudge!"

Added it to the queue. Will get to it very soon.

This is turning out to be a hectic season for me:

Beyond the Boundary
Freezing Vibration
Galilei Donna
Kill la Kill
Nagi no Asukara

I am also going through Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions and rewatching Last Exile. All of this in addition to trying to complete a 100% runthrough of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. Also, college just started up again...

I guess it's a good thing, especially compared to the last season, during which, the sole new entry I partook in was WATAMOTE. It was an okay show, but not the type to really WOW me, so I guess you could say I was unfulfilled last season. This is probably the largest amount of anime I've followed at any one time in years, if not ever.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
Whoa...Elizabeth...

She's more eye catchy than just her battle skills Wink
Eh, kinda curious how this will go although next episode (based on the PV) doesn't look pretty for the spoiler[E-Pandoras].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10