• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime artwork

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know any good sites where I can view and submit original sketches and designs for anime characters/mecha etc. Not particularly fan art, but more on an original base?
Gyro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:29 am Reply with quote
Don't know about that..... I did find this though.

I also got a colored pick. Sorry for the colorblind Very Happy

This has been Spike and Faye, brought to you by Gyro. OK, It was really John Delaney who drew 'em.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Ogami Itto wrote:

Anyone know any good sites where I can view and submit original sketches and designs for anime characters/mecha etc. Not particularly fan art, but more on an original base?

I'm not quite sure how to respond to these questions (we get'em quite often, tho...)... but here goes..

If you want to submit an idea to a company to see it turned into an anime/manga series... Read Scott Frasier's Homepage (Specifically the Working In Japan section) and breathe a sigh of disappointment. End of line.

If you want to compare your talents with other amateur/semi-pro artists, just look around the net. If you know Japanese, look through Tinami.com... that's the best place to look for skilled Japanese fanartists, IMO. Searching for professional artist's names will turn up 0 results most of the time... as most of the artists listed there create original characters.. which is what I think you're looking for.

I'm not aware of anything like that for English-speaking fan artists, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

I'm not aware of anything like that for English-speaking fan artists, though.

Hmmm, I think I could change that Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1