• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neon Genesis Evangelion 10th Anniversary Box Set

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quote
WOW THEY SURE HAVE RELEASED EVA A LOT ON DVD LOL WHATS NEXT ANOTHER BOX SET LOL

Enough. We get it. If you've click on this thread to make the "ADV sure has released EVA a lot, cash cow cash cow cash cow!" comment, just stop. Almost every post in this thread is the same.

From here on out I'll be replacing posts that make the same "CASH COW LOL" comments with a random image and a note about how much you like to not read the thread and restate what's been said already 10 times over.

Carry on.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Successful_Troll wrote:
I'd just also like to take the time out to mention that last time I checked, anniversary only had two r's in it.

You do know that you can edit the Subject line of your post, right? Wink (I just did so on this one.)
Successful_Troll

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Successful_Troll wrote:
I'd just also like to take the time out to mention that last time I checked, anniversary only had two r's in it.

You do know that you can edit the Subject line of your post, right? Wink (I just did so on this one.)

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that, one site I visit, if you change the subject line it creates a whole new topic with that subject line. I couldn't remember if it was this site or not.
RezSav

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
[OT} They fixed the title; lol "AnniversaRRy", GENIUS! Who writes this stuff? Laughing

But, seriously, ADV has put out some... not so good dubs in the past, but I think this is one of their better endeavors.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Haha, wow. God forbid a company tries to make money. Why the heck would they want to do that? If I sell sandwhiches, and the tuna ones always sell well, I'm gonna keep selling them. What's the big deal? If you don't want it, don't get it. ADV knows people will buy it. Should they not try to make money just because certain people think they've released it too many times? Holy crap.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Successful_Troll wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that, one site I visit, if you change the subject line it creates a whole new topic with that subject line. I couldn't remember if it was this site or not.

No biggie. Heck, there are some users that's been here for a long time that still don't know how to use the Quote feature, if you can believe that. Razz

Anyway, I like Eva, but not enough to drop $250 on a special set, so I'm passing on this. With the exception of the Uncut Sailor Moon sets, I usually don't invest on special editions. But anybody who's a die-hard Eva fan shouldn't pass up on this; you might not get another chance to obtain a historic collection like this once all the sets are sold. If you don't believe me, go ask the disappointed Sailor Moon fans who missed the opportunity to purchase the uncut SM seasons before ADV's SM license expired back in 2004.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Okay this is just getting ridiculous, I said they were overkilling it before the Platinums even got released but this is... GOOD GOD! I hate ADV, I've always thought they had no clue what they were doing and had terrible dubs and public relations policies but now I have to add excessive marketing to the list. There's only so many times you can keep doing the same thing over and over and over.

I don't even see what the big deal is. So they release it again and again, just don't buy it if you already own Eva. Why get all butt hurt over it?

I already got the plat-boxset, but I'm wondering what extra are they including that they can sell it for 250.
Successful_Troll

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Enough. We get it. If you've click on this thread to make the "ADV sure has released EVA a lot, cash cow cash cow cash cow!" comment, just stop. Almost every post in this thread is the same.

From here on out I'll be replacing posts that make the same "CASH COW LOL" comments with a random image and a note about how much you like to not read the thread and restate what's been said already 10 times over.

Carry on.

It's another DVD release of a ten year old series. If we aren't allowed to comment on how ADV seems to be milking it, then there's really not anything to say.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Successful_Troll wrote:
Zac wrote:

Carry on.

It's another DVD release of a ten year old series. If we aren't allowed to comment on how ADV seems to be milking it, then there's really not anything to say.

exactly. by that logic, what's the point of having a thread at all?

seriously, calm down Zac
angieness

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
O..................M.....................G.............................

I got the original EVA boxset 2 years ago when Rightstuf did that $40 deal. Then ADV was evil and did that EVA Platinum set, I didn't buy it of course since I'd just gotten the original box. And now this? It better come with a TV and DVD player to justify that cost
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Successful_Troll wrote:

And how many times do you think that needs to be said, exactly? Would you read 9 pages of people saying the same comment over and over again? I am of the opinion that quality forums do not allow the exact same response to be made again and again and again and again ad nauseum; people aren't even reading the thread, they're just hitting "reply" and saying "CASH COW LOL".

The point has been made. It is a valid point but I'm not interested in heard 60 other people make the same exact point.

Quote:

seriously, calm down Zac

Gee, I'm not sure, what's the point of reading the same exact comment made over and over again?

I made my point, the rule stands, get over it and move on.
biliano

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Zac wrote:

Carry on.

seriously, calm down Zac

Actually, Zac has a point. From what I read in the early posts, a lot of people were whining and complaining about yet another Eva release, but because they're so blinded by their internal hatred for ADV, they don't recognize the significance of this release: to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the original release of Evangelion in the Western market. So you mean to tell me, ADV haters, that ADV is not allowed to mark a significant and important event in anime history, and in turn give die-hard Eva fans a collection that they will cherish for the rest of their lives?
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Come on guys and gals...I'm excited about this! I heard that one of the extras is an OFFICIAL LIMB from Rei herself. That's why they're re-re-re-re-releasing it.

Last edited by BlaqNumbr9 on Wed May 17, 2006 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote
It really depends on what the extra's are.
Jacket is probly whats jacking the price up assuming they go with a fully embrordierd Nerv Logo on the back on a decent jacket compared to the silk screened on cheap workout jacket that Anime Works did with Gokusen.

To be honest I held out for Eva Platnium the jump in video quality from the old set to platnium was well worth it. besides its no like anyone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it.
Eva hasn't been that bad as far as releases we have what 3, vhs, dvd essently the VHS but on dvd, then platnium. and then 2 box sets regular and then platnium but i dont really count those since they were essently bundling the previus dvds into one set. the exception of the platnium boxset having its extra's stripped.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alucard27

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Jacket is probly whats jacking the price up assuming they go with a fully embrordierd Nerv Logo on the back on a decent jacket compared to the silk screened on cheap workout jacket that Anime Works did with Gokusen.

*disembodied voice from Mortal Kombat*
CYRAX WINS!

He hit the nail on the head. The jacket had better have the NERV logo and it better look like it's worth spending the $250 over.

I bought the Perfect Collection when I was a sophomore in high school, and I remember being like a kid on Christmas morning when I opened that box from Deep Discount DVD.com.

I didn't bother with the Platinum Collection since it didn't have enough extras for me. Only later did I find out that the Director's Cut episodes were on there.

This new edition had better give me more than a few good reasons to buy this again because I plan to trade in my Perfect Collection to defray the cost (probably by about a nickel, lol.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7