• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: YTV Schedule Update

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blind51de

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
Jeez, YTV is still rerunning Gundam Seed?
It's like how AS was/is with Cowboy Bebop.
NamaeX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:01 am Reply with quote
Hey, I was estatic when Shadow Raiders came back on YTV.
Shingen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:46 am Reply with quote
Case Closed did run on YTV tonight.

Detective Conan FTW!
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
YTV is always changing schedules without warning. They can be very frustrating with that. It was a nuisance trying to keep up with Dragonball and it's ever changing schedule. On the plus side, they tend to repeat episodes that are likely to get missed because of their change in schedule.

I'm disappointed to have missed Conan/Case Closed (ep. 9 as far as I can tell), although admittedly it wasn't one of my favorites. I knew a couple weeks ago about the change from looking at the TV listings at Zap2it.com, but there was no mention of CC. I did catch sight of Macross Plus on the listings about fifteen minutes before it started and had to reschedule things to catch it. YTV reairs most of it's Friday evening shows overnight so I could catch InuYasha and FMA afterwards (at least I hoped I taped it).

Also, Naturo is being aired, but in reruns starting with ep. 25, The Tenth Question. They aired ep. 37 last week, so they could be in reruns for a couple months.
Satanachia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
With regards to Case Closed, it has been moved to the Twelve O'Clock time slot, just in case some people didn't know.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:49 am Reply with quote
Dang was Case Closed a repeat last night? Even so I'll be able to catch it agian since YTV only has 26 episodes of the show so far,so I'll see the repeats.

Anywho's YTV schedule change is going to be forever.Cause to my Knowledge all of those CanCon shows have Shorts Seasons(That's why they air once a week),If I remeber right Monster Warriors only has 26.

I'm sorta confused why YTV would replace CanCon airing new Episodes for CanCon repeats...I'm talking about Transformers Cybertron,it's dubed in Vancouver and is over in a couple of weeks,atleast for the show YTV could have kept it's timeslot since well it's sorta CanCon.That's the most puzzling Replacement in this Schedule.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Case Closed wasn't a repeat, Naruto was.

Also, Case Closed's advisory warning has been changed. It's now using the one that's used for Naruto, IY, etc.

Since Transformers Cybertron had a different timeslot that repeated the ep that would've aired on Friday, it can simply air the new eps on that timeslot. You do have a point, though.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I think they're just trying to make their schedule look as "favourable" as possible by injecting it with more original productions rather than just shows that were dubbed in Canada. Of course, Inuyasha and Gundam SEED are obviously getting high enough ratings to justify not pulling, even though SEED is in reruns.

Case Closed's disclaimer was probably a mistake due to it being a last minute change. (Also Monster Warriors ran with a disclaimer and 14+ rating, which was clearly a mistake.) And for the record, Ghost in the Shell is now airing after Case Closed at 12:30am, replacing Samurai Jack.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The schedules were so messed up yesterday. When it showed Ghost in the Shell on the satellite listings, Case Closed was played (thankfully). And Ghost in Shell was played in place of Samurai Jack (thankfully again, but it was a rerun and I don't really care for Ghost in the Shell anyway) right after. Regardless, YTV should give people more notice on these changes (and plan them better). I luckily slogged through it since YTV is basically the only channel I watch.

P.S. On IFC, Macross Plus did run each episode an hour, while the repeats were played about 9 hours after it went through the 4 hour marathon (long comercials), I was able to get the recording started this mouring, but I missed the first 10 minutes. Oh well.
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Our Tivo listed both Case Closed and Ghost in the Shell as Ghost in the Shell -_- Thank goodness I kept my season's pass.

I hate when the TV listings are wrong. TV listings for YTV have consistently been odd via Tivo. I blame YTV.

I thought that was an odd episode to choose for the start of airing repeats of Naruto. Why not just go back to the beginning?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:01 am Reply with quote
Lets see here..ah yes, here we go...
As I recall, bionix was supposed to be an 'anime' segment/time slot, and really, at one point it relativly was. But now... ugh... all they're doing is getting rid of the animes. I always disliked how they put in Beast Wars, Shadow Raiders, etc., but i could live with having them in there. However, YTV really pushed my buttons when they added Zixx in the mix. It was easy enough to avoid watching when it was on Sundays or whatever, but IT DOES NOT BELONG ON A ANIME BASED TIME SEGMENT!!. Evil or Very Mad

They need to get rid of it from the line up, as well as any other non-animes, and put in their places actual animes. I don't care if they're really old, like Cased Closed, or if they've been on YTV a long time ago and have since been removed (Gundam Wing), or if they've been on YTV for what seems like 10+ years, aka Dragon Ball Z. Heck, why not bring back Zatch Bell and One Piece and any other they've given the undeserving boot. Anything, as long as it's relavent to the Anime theme that is Bionix.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
The name "Bionix" only suggests that it is meant to be an animation time block. In other words, no live-action shows.

You can wish all you want that it would be an anime only block. But I don't think it was ever set up to be that. I think it was set up to be a place where they could air anime not intended for children. But not an exclusively anime block.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:29 am Reply with quote
The biggest problem with YTV running an all anime block is that they need to have enough Canadian content on their schedule, hence having to resort to running Mainframe shows. But Zixx just does not belong. Although according to their schedule, Bionix is suppose to run 9pm - 2am.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

Since Transformers Cybertron had a different timeslot that repeated the ep that would've aired on Friday, it can simply air the new eps on that timeslot. You do have a point, though.

Ya I know that it had a 2:00pm EST time slot.But now again with no forewarning YTV shift's it's timeslot to 1:30 PM infavour of Being Ian.Heck Listings site had Cybertron on Saturday at 2pm EST,but luckly enough I was channel surfing after I had gone out(Strangely enough to buy a Cybertron Transformer Called "Soundwave") I noticed YTV was airing Cybertron at 1:30.I checked CP24 during the break to see if my clocks where wrong,sure a heck they weren't.

The thing that really got me mad besides the fact that this show ends in like 3 or 4 weeks,is the fact that this may be the last Transformer Show dubbed in Canada(A Rumor is arround the Cartoon Network is making a Transformers show called "Heroes"),and if Hasbro is correct the last Truely Japanese Transformer Show for a bit(Not that I don't like CanCon/AmCon Trans Shows,heck Beast Wars is my favourite TF Show),not to mention that this may be the last Transformer Show until 2007 when the new Movie is released.I guess I should have expected something like this a Contest,A Chat(Heck I stumped that so called Master,didn't even know Neil Kaplan,and Riordan),heck a online game(Which oddly enough didn't have Transformers yet was called Transformers Cybertron),and a Three Hairy Thumbs Up! Special Presentation,because to my knowledge YTV has never done that much for this franchise before.Hopefully we may see a return of Classic Transformers Show like G1 when the Live Action Movie's premiere is soon.

Anywho's I made a mistake in my last post,I ment to say that YTV's Schedule Change wasn't forever.

Also thanks for the Case Closed episode thing.

[quote=Lanisatu]The name "Bionix" only suggests that it is meant to be an animation time block. In other words, no live-action shows. [/quote]

Though YTV's new line-up is a mix of both.As all 3 are Hybrids featuring Animation and Live Action.
Lanisatu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched any of the shows newly stuck into the Bionix block, so I really don't know much about them.

I don't think it's a good idea for YTV to be:
a) including shows that do not appeal to the general target of Bionix, which is supposed to be "older youth" or "teen" in the later hours.
b) going against the whole point of naming the block "Bionix" by including live-action shows.

If they're going to choose to have live-action shows, even temporarily, why not choose things that can either appeal to the target audience (Smallville would work just fine, and plenty of CanCon there); or things that agree with what I suspect the point of naming the block Bionix was in the first place. Unless these live-action shows feature characters who are all robots or something of the like (hence, not biological), they may as well stop calling the entire block Bionix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3