• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Central 2011 - Funimation Industry panel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:25 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
I was worried that they were going to drop One Piece. I hope it works out. Out of curiosity, what's the longest anime release done in the states? I mean episode wise.

Home video-wise, I think the whole Dragon Ball (over 500 eps, IIRC), re-released multiple times (VHS, DVDs, etc) because its fans actually kept buying it. Though the whole Naruto is getting up there (over 300 now, I think).
egoist

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quote
How much One Piece have they licensed so far anyway?
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
I would love to have One Piece Movie 6 on DVD, please Funi please.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Zombie Desu Ka licensed = WIN!
I'm a swoopin' on that like how the Navy SEALS swooped on Osama! Cool
After a good bit of time of surveillance and while the target was unarmed? Laughing
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
How much One Piece have they licensed so far anyway?

Movie 8 & Episodes 1-205 which sucks because they were 1 episode away from finishing not only the G-8 filler arc but also the SD fullscreen episodes as the rest of the series from episodes 207 & onwards are produced in HD widescreen.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 am Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Lizzie_B wrote:
Also, PLEASE license KHR ASAP. The 2nd season almost here
~Obvious Rumor Is Obvious~

And no surprise on Kodocha... It's in the same boat as Case Closed... Or maybe Case Closed fell off the boat some time ago...

http://twitter.com/#!/NebsTV/status/72079215108947968 Nebs' coverage indicated that while doing more of the series isn't feasible for them, they may do more releases of the movies.
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm really sad to hear that they won't be finishing Kodocha. It's such an adorable series... At least they finally made an announcement about it one way or the other.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
chichiri_chan wrote:
I'm really sad to hear that they won't be finishing Kodocha. It's such an adorable series... At least they finally made an announcement about it one way or the other.

Finally? They've said long ago that they weren't going to continue it because the sales of the first half didn't justify it. I think maybe because they started up on Shin-chan again, some people got their hopes up.
doctorx0079

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean I have to keep watching the Freezing stream so they will do an uncut DVD release??
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm happy I own at least half of Kodocha. It's just not conducive to the American market. And really, I like the first half more personally. The drama in the second half just sometimes pushes it too far... like the New York chapter.

But yeah, like I said, I'm fine with owning half. Sure, I'd love to own it all, but hey, it's better than owning none, right?
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
doctorx0079 wrote:
Does this mean I have to keep watching the Freezing stream so they will do an uncut DVD release??
No, it's gonna be uncut whether you keep watching the stream or not.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Sucks for all the Kodocha fans Mad.

NO KIDDING!!!!

Quote:
Adam and Justin also confirmed that they have no plans to license any further Kodocha, but more One Piece, including appropriate movies, is certainly in negotiation.

Well I'm glad that their not droping One Piece. In fact , I'm more interested that their finally going after the rest of the OP movies now.

Though which ones will they release first? the first one or Strong World?

However I'm seriously pissed off about Kodocha. I mean what the hell? The series have a big fan base even after all this time.

I would understand if they no longer do Detective Conan , cause it's their fault for it not being successful since they americanize the entire series to attract the US base and it backfired big time. Especially with die hard fans.

But why not release more kodocha. It's kinda dumb if you ask me cause this is the same thing they did with Hell Girl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Am I crazy or did they edit out Detective Conan from the article? I could have sworn they mentioned both Kodocha and Conan as being dropped completely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

But why not release more kodocha.

I'm going to put this as simply as I can.

If they license the second half of Kodocha, they will lose money.

They do not want to lose money, and so they do not license the second half of Kodocha.

Rukiia: The changelog only shows the change from Tale -> Tail, so perhaps it was another article or somewhere else?
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, I haven't seen Kodocha, but maybe now that it's official that Funi isn't going to get any more of the series, Sentai or another company can pick it up where they left off. It worked for Hell Girl.

Great news about One Piece, especially the movies. I've been wanting to own Movies 6 and 10 for a while now. Hope they keep churning out the 13 ep boxes, because I'm certainly going to be buying those.

Also interesting that stream views=home video release. All the more reason to support the legal streams.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4