• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Diabolik Lovers (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
What the hell kind of ending was that? Are you telling me that I kept watching this week after week just for that? To be honest, I wasn't expecting a great ending, but I was expecting more what we actually got. spoiler[Like an ending where Yui goes berserk and kills everyone, not one where she wakes up thirsty after almost dying.]

And for god's sakes, how creepy was Kanato's fanservice ending Shocked
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote
So...was she spoiler[thirsty because she's a vampire now] or what?

Which one is Kanato? Their parting shots were equally creepy to me. No, I take that back, they weren't creepy so much as unimaginative. But I never paid enough attention to learn their names and can only tell them apart by their color scheme and accessories.

Was anyone else expecting him to have her eye hidden behind the patch? Very Happy

If this sells to its target audience, there will be a season 2, since the guy with the hat fell into the classic trap of spoiler[leaving before his enemy (and the dress) was confirmed to be ashes.]
GVman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
"Lemme just pull mom's ashes out of my teddy bear here..."

Oh Diabolik Lovers, you so silly...

A suitably stupid ending to a stupid, stupid show. I think I may check out the VN now...

Does anyone else feel cheated with how they spent the last several minutes of the episode having these parting speeches by the boys? I understand that this show was a three-hour commercial for the VN, but they could've been a bit more subtle about it. And then there was the very last scene with Ayato and...whatever her name was.

Anyway, you can only go up from here, so I'm curious as to how good the VN is.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
So...was she spoiler[thirsty because she's a vampire now] or what?

I don't know if the show's writers and directors even understood what they were doing in that last episode.

Quote:
Was anyone else expecting him to have her eye hidden behind the patch? Very Happy

I spoiled myself on that, so no. Plus, I don't think an eyeball is as creepy as the ashes. ...What is the internet doing to me?

Quote:
If this sells to its target audience, there will be a season 2, since the guy with the hat fell into the classic trap of spoiler[leaving before his enemy (and the dress) was confirmed to be ashes.]

There's a lot more of the VN that can be animated, but I don't know if they will. It's basically a sub-par retelling of the VN; I think the fangirls would be more interested in getting more fandiscs and maybe even some spinoff OVAs. I'm pretty sure that the open ending was intended to be one of those "Well, I guess I gotta read the LN/VN/novel/manga now..." endings.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
The torture has finally come to an end.
It's a shame such cute guys were wasted on such bad story.
This could've been a full length anime if they did the story differently.
I sort of expected that spoiler[Yui would become a vampire, like she did.]
The ending itself kinda reminded me of a visual novel.
It was done in that style... spoiler[like a confession of each character.]
Such a shame it didn't live up to expectation.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like it's a good thing I dropped this steaming pile of crap then. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I et the impression that I did the right thing dropping this so many episodes ago (when I stopped posting). Kind of disappointing it did not improve.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I would say that was a waste of time...but since it was 15 minutes per episode...I can't.

Just "meh, lame ending."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9