• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:
murph, it means that you are on the last hundred of yards... I'm curious about what you'll think about the final episode. Wink

I'm kind of curious about that, too. I find myself wondering how they're going to wrap up the anime, especially since it covers about a third, at most, of the manga's story. I'll find out soon, though. With luck, the final dvd should arrive tomorrow.

You bring up a good point about Nao's working conditions on student council, aya_honda. spoiler[Nao has to put up with Yuki, who he probably can't stand to be in the same room with; Kakeru and Kimi, who pick on him constantly; and Machi, who he's probably afraid will tear up the room if he looks at her the wrong way. It's no wonder he looks grumpy most of the time! ]

-Murph
aya_honda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:

You bring up a good point about Nao's working conditions on student council, aya_honda. spoiler[Nao has to put up with Yuki, who he probably can't stand to be in the same room with; Kakeru and Kimi, who pick on him constantly; and Machi, who he's probably afraid will tear up the room if he looks at her the wrong way. It's no wonder he looks grumpy most of the time! ]

When I read this, I smiled. I actually forgot about Kakeru. Embarassed Laughing How could I? spoiler[Just the memory of seeing Nao so choked up by the stupid comments that Kakeru makes most of the times made me laugh so much during those particular scenes. I think that it is really difficult to work in these conditions, unquestionably. Rolling Eyes I think that the things might have turned a little bit more difficult for him particularly after he realized that Kimi knew whom he loves. I mean, it's one thing for another person to know, it's another for Kimi to know. Though I think she might never use that against him, she would definetly use it when seeing fit just to make him crazy. ] Laughing
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info aya_honda! I think I'm looking forward to seeing spoiler[Akito go crazy everytime one of the others becomes free! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ]

I'm also inclined to agree with you about Nao's spoiler[love interest. While I haven't seen it yet, Kimi knowing who he loves is a tremendous sword she's holding over his head....and he will never know when she's going to use it.]

Kimi really is an interesting girl, especially for one not of the Zodiac.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I'm liking Machi. In Chapter 89 spoiler[ when she is cornered by the Prince Yuki Fangirls about Machi saying Yuki wasn't a prince, Machi says "He's always surrounded by people. And he's known as 'Prince Charming.' But he still seems lonely and sad to me." Boy, did she hit the nail square there. I guess a wounded soul recognizes another. While in most cases, two such wounded souls might not be good for each other, i think Yuki and Michi just may be good for each other. And that's not just from reading previous spoilers either!]

Lydia, you're definetly going to like the later volumes Very Happy

Murph, like aya_honda said you're now reaching the gauntlet Wink

All in all, what have we more to say on this subject? Other than spoiler["I wonder what Motoko and Nao's kids are going to look like?"] Laughing Which we discussed earlier.Though I like how this has brought out you guys to come and discuss. When we get through all the characters, I'm going to try and bring out a new way to discuss the series, when we get close, I'll ask you guys and see what you think about it.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Thanks for the info aya_honda! I think I'm looking forward to seeing spoiler[Akito go crazy everytime one of the others becomes free! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ]

I confess that it was guilty pleasure of my own. Wink Laughing

Well, taking into consideration that pretty soon we are going to receive a new hint, I'm not afraid about not having something to talk about. Wink Very Happy

One more thing about Nao (I could go on and on about a stupid thing Embarassed ): I would also have liked to see him how he behaves like the spoiler[students' president. ] Boy, if he would have met guys like Haru or Kyo in doing his job, I think that his life would be pretty difficult. One Kakeru would be enough for him, two might be too much! Rolling Eyes Laughing
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quote
Actually that would be funny to see if spoiler[Nao was the president, on top of him having to deal with Machi (a little more cheerful about things actually), and then Haru and Momiji join the student council. ]What a council THAT would be Laughing
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:44 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Actually that would be funny to see if spoiler[Nao was the president, on top of him having to deal with Machi (a little more cheerful about things actually), and then Haru and Momiji join the student council. ]What a council THAT would be Laughing

Only the idea and it made me burst into laugh. Laughing Laughing That council would be too much spoiler[not that the girls would mind for having two wonderful guys taking part in those types of activities. Haru and Momiji would be the new heroes and Nao would find himself on the verge of tears.] Poor Nao! To paraphrase an add: "The future doesn't sound so bright" for him. Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:15 am Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:
Only the idea and it made me burst into laugh. Laughing Laughing That council would be too much spoiler[not that the girls would mind for having two wonderful guys taking part in those types of activities. Haru and Momiji would be the new heroes and Nao would find himself on the verge of tears.] Poor Nao! To paraphrase an add: "The future doesn't sound so bright" for him. Wink

Actually, I've got a better idea. spoiler[Have Momiji become the president that way if anything goes wrong, Nao would have to clean for him and Haru like Hatori had to for Ayame. That would really stress him out Laughing But if Nao were the president and Momiji and Haru were in the council, all the attention would shift from Nao to the Sohma boys, especially now that Momiji has gotten taller, those two would be like angels to the girls, and probably get a fan following for them.]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Most definetly these two would be for Nao a punishment from hell. Twisted Evil Oh, yeah only to see the face of Nao having to face once again spoiler[turbulent fans in building shrines for the Sohma boys, I think that he might have been dead and gone straight to hell. Rolling Eyes Laughing I can only picture all the trouble that the girls might cause only to get into the attention of the students' council. Laughing ]

Btw, I'm expecting the hint tonight! Laughing It's the right time, isn't it?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:

Actually, it's Thursday over here still, and I give out the hints on Friday. Though this next character I think will catch the attention of our devoted readers, I don't know if they will be able to go into detail as much as you and I can, aya_honda. So sorry. Sad
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Though this next character I think will catch the attention of our devoted readers, I don't know if they will be able to go into detail as much as you and I can, aya_honda. So sorry. Sad

Oh sure. We're probably going to discuss a character who has yet to be introduced in the U.S. volumes, right? Very Happy

-Murph
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
Oh sure. We're probably going to discuss a character who has yet to be introduced in the U.S. volumes, right? Very Happy

-Murph

Nah. Nothing like that. All the characters are pretty much out there, but this character's story is more developed towards the end of the series. Unless you guys like to read spoilers or scanlations Wink
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:16 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Nah. Nothing like that. All the characters are pretty much out there, but this character's story is more developed towards the end of the series. Unless you guys like to read spoilers or scanlations Wink

Hmm... I see two likely candidates. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say spoiler[Mine, for three reasons. No. 1, you've been alternating boy-girl, boy-girl in the discussion, so she's the correct gender for the next pick. No. 2, she's been introduced in the U.S. volumes but not well developed. No. 3, I've heard she's Ayame's love interest, and that hints at a larger role in the story later. ]

The other possibility is spoiler[Akito. She's still fairly mysterious in the U.S. volumes, and her backstory has yet to be revealed. But I figure you're holding that choice near the end of the list for a longer discussion. ]

I'm probably very wrong, especially since it's 2 a.m. in my part of the world and I'm tired after a long day at work. I look forward to your hint, fighterholic. Very Happy

-Murph
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
aya_honda wrote:

Actually, it's Thursday over here still, and I give out the hints on Friday. Though this next character I think will catch the attention of our devoted readers, I don't know if they will be able to go into detail as much as you and I can, aya_honda. So sorry. Sad

Sorry for that, at my place it was already Friday and I don't know why but I thought it was already Friday night. I apologize again but believe me that I haven't slept for almost 48 hours and therefore I have a good excuse. Rolling Eyes Embarassed

But now I'm curious to see the hint and since it is Friday night to my place, can't wait to read it. Twisted Evil So make haste, fighterholic, make haste! Laughing
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
fighterholic wrote:

Hmm... I see two likely candidates. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say spoiler[Mine, for three reasons. No. 1, you've been alternating boy-girl, boy-girl in the discussion, so she's the correct gender for the next pick. No. 2, she's been introduced in the U.S. volumes but not well developed. No. 3, I've heard she's Ayame's love interest, and that hints at a larger role in the story later. ]

The other possibility is spoiler[Akito. She's still fairly mysterious in the U.S. volumes, and her backstory has yet to be revealed. But I figure you're holding that choice near the end of the list for a longer discussion. ]

I'm probably very wrong, especially since it's 2 a.m. in my part of the world and I'm tired after a long day at work. I look forward to your hint, fighterholic. Very Happy

-Murph

I have no idea who the first person you are refering to is but I agree with the second guess, that person you mentioned is very mystrious and it hasn't been reveled yet. Oh now I am being all mysterious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 56 of 170