• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Make me Happy!! =D

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsicle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I like anime a lot Very Happy but I've never been able to find one I really really enjoyed. I like the genres to be comedy, school life, and supernatural and stuff like that =D. My favourite have beeen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, i don't like shonen anime. People have told me azumanga daioh was hilarious but when i watched the first episode i didn't laugh at all O_o. The animes I've seen so far are on my anime list, but i was wondering is there one that is funny and worth watching and has good quality. O_o...Thank you for reading Confused im not weird Very Happy
Urd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quote
If you like Suzumiya Haruhi and school life, why don't you try School Rumble ?

There's already a thread about it.
poopsicle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
=D thank you
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
My favourite have beeen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, i don't like shonen anime.

Strange that you say that, since these are all shounen series.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Quote:
My favourite have beeen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, i don't like shonen anime.

Strange that you say that, since these are all shounen series.

Full Metal Panic, perhaps, but that one aside, I see no real reason why these titles should be classified by preferred gender. Haruhi and Dokuro-chan were aimed at general older audiences, not elementary and middle school boys. They are not, nor ever were shounen.

Like I always say, it'll be a glorious day once anime fans realize that not everything can be classified as a specifically "BOYS'" or "GIRLS'" anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Hehe, they are all indeed shounen series, but I know what he means Wink He means he doesn't really like the biggest section of shounen: action/adventure (i.e. Bleach, Naruto, Berserk, Hellsing etc etc).

Well... looking at your anime list, you haven't seen FLCL, and that seems to fit in darned well. For gods sake though, watch the dub Shocked the sub just tends to leave people confused.

I don't get a chance to recommend Please Twins! enough, but you would probably like it. (it's the sequal to Please Teacher, but I think Twins is better and works better if you haven't seen the original).

Though it KIND OF is a shounen, I think nearly everyone will agree with me when I say that Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome (the sequel in an alternate universe) were not typical shounen shows and I think you'd really like them, especially Otome.

Last thought, AzuDai is a very wacky/zanny show to be sure. I didn't think it was THAT funny at first either, but I would watch maybe 2-3 more before I wrote it off completely. Then again, some people just aren't into that (if you like Family Guy, you'd prob like AzuDai).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Villhelmya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Try azumanga Diaoh again, my freind showed it to me and i laughed all the way through the first 3 episodes,(not good type of laugh) it was mocking it , it seemed awful to me but i came back to the series a few months later and i loved it, you just have to push pass the first few episodes
Mini Jesus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I would second the recomendation of FLCL but I'll also add on maybe Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, they parody pretty much everything so it's a fun watch. Kare Kano(His and Her Circumstances) sounds like something you might like as well as it's about high school relationships. I'd say give those a try and them maybe I can think up some more for you in little while.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1