• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Missing Inu-Yasha Scene

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomoyo714

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Well this news kind of annoys me considering the money I am shelling out to VIZ for this series...I wonder if they are going to do something to fix this... *sighs* More dvd recalls I wonder? Confused
Case

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know for sure if the scene in question was present or absent in the Adult Swim television broadcast?

I'm pretty sure I saw that episode, and while *I* don't remember that scene, I'm not at all positive that it wasn't there. It's been a while, and I think I might have missed a chunk of that one for some reason.
Confused
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:30 am Reply with quote
Case wrote:
Does anyone know for sure if the scene in question was present or absent in the Adult Swim television broadcast?

That was cut out on AS also. I know that scene had no real story purpose, but come on, does Viz ever test their DVDs out side of a hand ful of DVD players and a 3 second look over. A bunch of Ranma DVDs got kicked back and now a missing scene from a Inu Yasha disc. You would think they would the smart thing after the first recall and check over the DVDs before releases in them closer. It might just be the company that press the DVDs (Pioneer *Dramic music.*), but it's still very odd they had more DVD recalls then any other anime video company out there.

I really need to lay off the coffee this early in the morning. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
drakh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:44 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
It might just be the company that press the DVDs (Pioneer *Dramic music.*), but it's still very odd they had more DVD recalls then any other anime video company out there.

Pioneer stopped doing Viz's discs a while back. And most companies have had numerous recalls. Pioneer just recently had problems with Sugar and El-Hazard, and ADV with Voices of a Distant Star for example.

In any case, it's been pointed out on the AoD forums that the episode in question was aired as part of a 1-hour special, and the scene was cut by the Japanese in order to make the footage fit as seperate episodes on the R2 DVD release.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Funny, I never remember that ep was part of 1 hour special. Any hoot, thanks for the info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1