• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Entire Manga Catalog Now on Amazon Kindle Platform

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenErik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
Why can 'mature' content not be viewed on the Viz manga app itself? I was planning on buying through that app and not Kindle. Because I'd rather buy from either iTunes or directly from the company putting the product out there. Unfortunately, pretty much everything I want to buy is considered 'mature'. 20th Century Boys, Nana, etc.

Edit: Actually looks like no Urasawa works at all. Something with the licensing? Too bad because I would buy them all digital. Sick of having shelves lined with manga.

Edit 2: Wow. Can't even purchase anything. Tried vol. 1 of Nana just to show some support. 'Erik, we did not find a Kindle device or reading app registered to your Amazon account for which this content is available'. Since I use an iPad for manga I am not even eligible to purchase. Don't want this to turn into an Apple vs Android vs whatever debate. Just trying to give Viz my money. Embarassed

While we are at it, any chance of SUBTITLED anime from Viz (or anyone) ever being put up for purchase on Amazon or iTunes? Recently sold my Nana DVDs and many others because I am sort of purging physical media from my life. But I only see the dub up on iTunes for purchase. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
Can't say I care much about this. Kindle seems to be king when it comes to Ebooks, but weird things seem to happen with Amazon all the time. Kindle has been at the end of my quality list for how the pages look on their device or through apps too.

I hope VIZ keeps up what they're doing with Kobo though. I'll buy there. Smile
Viz Media
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
JonLa wrote:
Any sign of making them available in the UK, Viz?

Some Jump titles are available in UK via Nook now:

http://uk.nook.com/search?s[category_id]=10000001868

As for other titles & platforms, stay tuned...
Viz Media
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
Edit 2: Wow. Can't even purchase anything. Tried vol. 1 of Nana just to show some support. 'Erik, we did not find a Kindle device or reading app registered to your Amazon account for which this content is available'. Since I use an iPad for manga I am not even eligible to purchase. Don't want this to turn into an Apple vs Android vs whatever debate. Just trying to give Viz my money. Embarassed

Oh, that's no good. I'm thinking the reason I was able to purchase is that I have multiple devices associated with my account, so I got past that error message & then once the purchase was done it *did* work OK on my iOS device. Just heard back from Amazon & they said "there was some device exclusion logic that had to be tweaked" and they expect this to be sorted out by early next week. But I'll write them back & see if there's anything we can do to speed it up. Thanks for the heads up!
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Urusei Yatsura? Pixy Junket? Just curious.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Looks like whatever the problem was has been sorted out and now all the Viz material is available for iOS. Looks like the Kondansha titles came along for the ride. So if it was because of something Viz did on their end I sure appreciate it!

Finally I can read Biomega and Black Lagoon on my tablet!
JonLa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
STILL not available in the UK - on kindle or iBooks. Any news you want to share, Viz types?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2