• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Anime to Air This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I don't mind Rie Kugimiya personally (and I didn't even know she did all those other roles), I just wish all her loli tsundere characters didn't all sound exactly the same. I mean exactly. I don't think I could tell apart Taiga, Louise or Shana by ear at all.

And thanks to this season, you can add Lotte (Astarotte's Toy) and Aria (Aria the Scarlet Ammo) to that list. But just so this doesn't seem like an anti-Rie fest (whom I still adore despite the loli-tsundere over-exposure), I should add that I continue to love her Happy from Fairy Tail.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, she does an awesome job in Fairy Tail and Gintama, but I'm really fed up with characters like Aria and Lotte. if I remember correctly Shana sounds different and that's the character I usually trace her voice back to, so it's not a complete disaster.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, she does an awesome job in Fairy Tail and Gintama, but I'm really fed up with characters like Aria and Lotte. if I remember correctly Shana sounds different and that's the character I usually trace her voice back to, so it's not a complete disaster.
alee0911

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am Reply with quote
about Rie, she have special voice "urusai, urusai, urusai" Very Happy
strike_zero00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quote
I skimmed through all the comments in this thread and noticed that is there really a confirmation that Shana LN (Light Novels) is actually ending anytime soon? This announcement of a 3rd and FINAL season gets me worried that it might be getting an anime only ending if there is still the LN going past 24 volumes, so unless this "FINAL" season coincides with the LN actually concluding then I don't see how this would please fans by watching an incomplete adaptation.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

Actually, come to think of it, I think her Taiga was different too - not so much the high strung shrillness of some of her other l-t roles. It always cracked me up how she'd quietly drawl, "Baka" every five minutes.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Erilea wrote:
I can't wait to watch it! I wish I lived in Japan though so I can watch it on the day it airs.... although I wouldn't be able to understand it.

We can cross our fingers and hope for a simulcast.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! About time!
alee0911

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
strike_zero00 wrote:
I skimmed through all the comments in this thread and noticed that is there really a confirmation that Shana LN (Light Novels) is actually ending anytime soon? This announcement of a 3rd and FINAL season gets me worried that it might be getting an anime only ending if there is still the LN going past 24 volumes, so unless this "FINAL" season coincides with the LN actually concluding then I don't see how this would please fans by watching an incomplete adaptation.

Actualy Shakugan no shana end at 16 episode light novel will promote the third season of the last eight ewpisote light novel
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
alee0911 wrote:
strike_zero00 wrote:

Actualy Shakugan no shana end at 16 episode light novel will promote the third season of the last eight ewpisote light novel

...excuse me? Don't mean to be rude but I really don't know what you're saying.

Last edited by Shenl742 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
strike_zero00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
alee0911 wrote:
strike_zero00 wrote:

Yep, you just lost me there. Question
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
strike_zero00 wrote:
alee0911 wrote:
strike_zero00 wrote:

Yep, you just lost me there. Question

It should be a lesson to don't drink and post
immortalrite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
immortalrite wrote:
Personally, I rather preferred Tabitha St. Germain's generally more likable and significantly less bitchy-sounding Shana to Rie Kugimiya's vastly overused, cut-and-paste tsundere voice.

Shana was actually the role that started the whole "loli tsundere" image Rie got. So its hardly cut and paste for Shana, since it was pretty unique at the time and made her the star she is today of the anime world.

True, however I was not speaking from a strictly historical perspective, but rather about the productions in general from a perspective of personal consumption; by the time I got around to watching some of Shana subbed, I was already sick to death of Kugimiya's tsundere voice which had already been beaten into my head by shows like Tora-dora and Hayate no Gotoku. The basic problem is that to someone just getting into anime in the last couple years, the "it was unique at the time" argument will not make a lick of difference unless there is some other qualitative differentiating factor. This is what I meant by "cut-and-paste."
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm putting my bet Funimation will probably license and simulcast it, I hope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
strike_zero00 wrote:
alee0911 wrote:
strike_zero00 wrote:

Yep, you just lost me there. :?:

I think the guy is indicating that the light novel is what prompted the third season to be created. As well as that second season only contain sixteen episodes as well. And I guess there is eight novels?

I am guessing to be honest and don't really understand all of it myself.

What wow, I didn't see this coming. Just like when Arakawa Under The Bridge received a second season. Never expected it, but it was awesome none the less.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5