• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digital Manga / BROCCOLI - issue

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delirium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I am wondering why you guys haven´t point this out yet, already at the beginning of March it´s known that BROCCOLI broke up with Digital Manga and founded its own US division (just make a whois of AnimeGamers.com ;))

This news was even posted to r.a.a.m:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&th=cdd0a1738e68f77e&rnum=1
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Delirium wrote:

Hmm, I am wondering why you guys haven´t point this out yet, already at the beginning of March it´s known that BROCCOLI broke up with Digital Manga and founded its own US division (just make a whois of AnimeGamers.com Wink)

This news was even posted to r.a.a.m:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&th=cdd0a1738e68f77e&rnum=1

Did you read the full article?

Did you see tha part about "Back in January"?

Anime News Network broke that story before anyone else.

A full 40 days before that post on RAAM. Admittedly they had some info that we never posted, but both of our posts (today's and January's) contain a significant amount of info that we posted first.

This was just an update.
Delirium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

Did you read the full article?
Did you see tha part about "Back in January"?

Sure, your article states that Digital Manga itself might get split up, but not why or that Broccoli had withdrawn from the joint-venture because of finicial deficites.

Quote:
Anime News Network broke that story before anyone else.

He, I am not here to say the opposite. I just say that this special piece of news should be covered more thoroughly.

Quote:
A full 40 days before that post on RAAM. Admittedly they had some info that we never posted, but both of our posts (today's and January's) contain a significant amount of info that we posted first.

Hmm, I don´t see why you try to defend the integrity of your whole news story just because some1 says that there´s something else which might get added to the story. ;)

Quote:
This was just an update.

As is the posting.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me if I misread your message, but what I saw was a a news topic and "Why haven't you covered this before."

Followed by "Broccoli broke with D.M. .... already known in March"

Maybe you were referring only to the info on raam, but that isn't what I had understood.

That's why I was annoyed.

As for the post on RAAM, they mention two new pieces of info, the creation of B.I. USA and the $100k being put into B.I. USA. This honestly is info that we never had and is mildly newsworthy (I'll explain why only mildly in a minute).

The problem is that the raam post doesn't list any sources, and a newsgroup post without a source can't be taken as fact. I need some sort of authentication (which I will be looking for).

The reason it is only "mildly newsworthy" (newsworthy enough to post if authenticated, but not important enough for us to spend more than a limited ammount of time authenticating (time better spent on other news / features / reviews)) is because, with only $100k financing, B.I. USA is probably only a holding company for Synch Point, Omochabox and Comictones.

Now, lemme go see what I can find out about B.I. USA.

And I apologize for misunderstanding your criticism.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, no one at B.I. USA will actually say anything about the company just yet...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1