• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Gangan Hints 'Big Soul Eater Not! Announcement'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Bolaum wrote:
If it's indeed an anime (made by Bones again) there is one thing I don't understand.

They announced 1 year and 5 months ago that they were working on a new version of a familiar title (which would be Soul Eater Not). Since there aren't many vol it'd be a short anime (unless they do the same mistake they made with the first SE) why would it take all this time to make a short anime?

I'm not expert in anime or anything like that but I really doubt that short animes take this long to be made.

Are you 100% sure that the "new version of a familiar title" wasn't the movie version of Stardriver? >_>

Even for a short anime, I assume they would have to spend some time lining up promotion, staff and such and maybe even decide to air the project later on or be asked to do so by the manga publisher/creator.

Also, I get the feeling that the Soul Eater NOT anime is going to go through the whole plot of NOT and the original manga, it would just be perfect for the whole thing to be collected together especially as Soul Eater NOT is likely to have quite a few answers that Soul Eater didn't, not just limited to the worldbuilding that we have gotten.
Bolaum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:
Bolaum wrote:
If it's indeed an anime (made by Bones again) there is one thing I don't understand.

They announced 1 year and 5 months ago that they were working on a new version of a familiar title (which would be Soul Eater Not). Since there aren't many vol it'd be a short anime (unless they do the same mistake they made with the first SE) why would it take all this time to make a short anime?

I'm not expert in anime or anything like that but I really doubt that short animes take this long to be made.

Are you 100% sure that the "new version of a familiar title" wasn't the movie version of Stardriver? >_>

Even for a short anime, I assume they would have to spend some time lining up promotion, staff and such and maybe even decide to air the project later on or be asked to do so by the manga publisher/creator.

Also, I get the feeling that the Soul Eater NOT anime is going to go through the whole plot of NOT and the original manga, it would just be perfect for the whole thing to be collected together especially as Soul Eater NOT is likely to have quite a few answers that Soul Eater didn't, not just limited to the worldbuilding that we have gotten.

Oh my God, I asked the same question about Star Driver (but it was about another anime that they announced) and I thought the same thing about going through NOT til the original because lets be honest: NOT doesn't have enough chapters for an anime and even if they do make an anime I doubt it'd take all this time.

Also, don't you think that a new version of something would be like a remake of an anime or a spin off?

But, does anyone know if it takes this long just to make a short anime like SE NOT (assuming it's being made)?
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
It'd be better to just make a proper adaption of the original manga at this point...this is probably why I felt like I didn't enjoy it as much as when I read manga chapters, having things be cut. Did anyone else feel that way?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3