• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Singer Ayumi Hamasaki Engaged to UCLA Medical Student

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
BorgmanJayce wrote:
Can anybody explain what it is about older Japanese women and younger guys?
Oedapus syndrome. Wink

...No, that's not what you think it is. The Oedipus complex is a a male thing, not female...and definitely not a syndrome xD

But another poster's already said it - look at older, rich men with younger girls. It's a similar sort of thing, but one can only hope the two of them will be happy xD besides 10 years isn't really an unacceptable age difference after you're 20 imo, but that's a personal thing for people Very Happy
Globally older men seeking younger women, or girls, is as old as the species itself for obvious biological reasons. however situations like this have also always been a point of controversy for just as long and for just the same reasons among others. I'm sure Freud would have some explanation for his obvious infatuation for him to accept her as his wife, apart from money. Remember she's Japanese and stereotypically Japanese females like to be pampered by their male partners regardless of financial status for either, not the other way round more so than any other nation apart from the other Asian countries close to Japan. If it is just for the money it will be lucky to last a year. Laughing
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
BorgmanJayce wrote:
Can anybody explain what it is about older Japanese women and younger guys?
Oedapus syndrome. Wink

...No, that's not what you think it is. The Oedipus complex is a a male thing, not female...and definitely not a syndrome xD

But another poster's already said it - look at older, rich men with younger girls. It's a similar sort of thing, but one can only hope the two of them will be happy xD besides 10 years isn't really an unacceptable age difference after you're 20 imo, but that's a personal thing for people Very Happy

Also, it must involve the mother in order for it to be "Oedipus" syndrome....or complex....or whatever....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2