• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hamatora (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Ummm there hasn't been a second confirmed season that i know of. Just because something says to be continued doesn't mean diddly dick these days.

True. Guess i panicked a bit when i imagined having to sit through another 12 episodes...an OVA would be okay, i think i could more or less manage to watch another 25 minutes of this show without any lasting damage.
TiffYG2133

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I was actually kind of enjoying this show until they killed off Art, I kept watching because I don't like dropping shows that I'm already so far into but the final episode OMGWTF?!?! Shocked Question I haven't been so shocked/angry/bewildered at an final episode since School Days! SMH if they have a 2nd season I'll probably watch just to see what on earth is going on!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
Normally, I'd be in a rage over that ending, but instead it just highlighted how much I don't really care. Smile I kinda liked a couple of characters and that was about it.

The only redeeming qualities in this series were: Moral looked like the love child of Rin (Free!) and Grell (Black Butler); that delightfully discordant background music they played during scenes of dark evil (like in the graveyard just before spoiler[Art was shot] many, many, many times). I haven't heard such genuinely creepy music in a long time.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
Whut??

So the series finally got interesting when spoiler[Art was "killed"] (probably mostly because I was shocked and didn't see it coming), but WHAT THE HECK THAT ENDING!!!! While I am very glad to see spoiler[Art alive and well], just... WHAT??

This series is a mixed bag. It's only when crazy stuff happens to spoiler[Art] or spoiler[Art] pulls crazy stuff that it seems interesting. Now I'm very curious as to what will happen in a continuation but at the same time I can't get my hopes up because after any high points it'll just be more meh.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Surprisingly for how bad this series was in general, I found most of this last episode pretty good. There was some nice animation with a good fight, and I thought that him spoiler[throwing the phone away] was actually a pretty funny aversion from what we normally get. I was getting kind of frustrated that we were getting one of those scenes, and Nice seem to think so too. And of course downsides, like what the heck was the deal with those weird spoiler[ball shooting woman robot things]? What kind of mind does that come out of? And the end. I was going to finally be done with this series, but spoiler[no they had to pull off that inconclusive cliff-hanger]. Screw you Hamatora.

Thoughts of the series, there actually were some parts I found interesting, but this series was also terrible. I don't think this show even knew what it was trying to do a lot of the time, and could be incredibly corny. It felt a little like it was trying to be cool, and it just was not working. I rate it Weak, I wish I did something better with my time. Which probably makes me particularly hard on the series, but I was pretty close to dropping this like I did with Nobunaga the Fool, and now I am kind of annoyed I didn't. Mostly okay final episode though, or maybe my expectations were low.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
It was interesting to see Hajime's power.
Shame it didn't last longer..
Moral's twisted planned kept piling trouble.
Making minimum holders fight each other and regular people wanting their powers.
spoiler[He created a vicious circle, even gave himself new power just to be equal to Nice.
And maybe to become something like a god?
His disturbed assistant was no better than him.]

Well, at least some things got explained.
spoiler[Final Moral vs Nice battle] was unusual, but also somewhat satisfying.
spoiler[Wtf?! Art's alive. What? How?]
The ending was a shocker, to say the least.
Are they planning a 2nd season?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And of course downsides, like what the heck was the deal with those weird spoiler[ball shooting woman robot things]? What kind of mind does that come out of?

Actually I found that kind of hilarious. There is a spoiler[robot] restaurant in Shinjuku and their promotional trucks look like that where they drive around with a couple spoiler[robots] in the back. This was probably based on that.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
This show was already leaving us with so many unanswered questions: Why did Ratio have gold arms? Where did they all get their weird nicknames from? But no, that wasn't enough suspense for a potential sequel, I suppose. spoiler[ After Nice basically beats the evil albino (why are albinos in media always evil?), Art shows up (which is good), and he shoots Moral (which is unnecessary), and then he shoots (? -presumably, we don't see the aftermath or a body) Nice (which is bad). Why did they do that? Why?! If you have one season of an anime original show to produce, why would you end it on a cliffhanger? I know they want a second season, but if you're not absolutely sure you're going to get one, do your viewers a favor and don't end your show on a cliffhanger.
]

I did like this show overall. For all it's bright colors and predictable plot points, the humor worked for me, for the most part. Nice throwing out his phone this week, for example. If it were more of a comedy, I would have loved it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
Is Re getting its own thread, or are we just continuing here?

Do you think we'll get an explanation of episode 12's ending next time, or ever, since we sure didn't get one in this first one of the second season.

All that aside, this was even more of a mess to try to follow than the first season was. I guess the incessant eye-catches were supposed to be arty or something, but they were mostly just annoying and too numerous.

I'll watch next week to see if they answer any questions, but I'm not sure if I'm going to let them sucker me in like before. Smile
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
Well, at least this season is a bit more entertaining. Art makes for a much better "villain" than Moral.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
I'm actually finding this season much more boring and uninteresting than the first season. Last season, there was much more of a mystery as to what was going on and why the incidents were going on, and much more of a sense of coincidence that they were ending up involved, until you learned that Moral was doing it on purpose.

This season is just... Minimum Holder seems to be doing something off. Hamatora shows up. Art shows up, steals power, tries to kill Nice, end of episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I still have not decided to return for the second season, I kind of rage quit because of my feelings from last season's finale. Might pick it up again if those watching it say that it is interesting enough to return.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I found Moral to be a very weak bad guy. To me it seemed like he was just evil for the sake of being evil, and I don't think his obsession with Nice was ever fully explored. With Art, on the other hand, you wonder what his purpose for stealing minimums is. Of course unless they explain this in the end the series is just going to be more meh, but so far I'm enjoying myself. At the event the other week Kamiya said that they'll be tying loose ends so I'm counting on that.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought Art made it pretty clear why he was stealing Minimums. He was taking everyone's sin on myself. Meaning he wants to make everyone normal while taking their power for himself. In a sense he's being a lot more noble about it than Moral was. But i think it's pretty obvious his body won't be able to handle it after a while. Which is why i find it kind of stupid. There must be hundreds of minimums out there. If he's going to just steal everyone's minimum as soon as they are discovered the rest of his life I fail to see the point.

Moral wanted everyone to be feel special about themselves by giving them power when they asked for it. Art however wants to force everyone into mediocrity by making them normal again (and not to mention making them incapable of functioning in society as a side effect) by stealing their power. I agree Moral's obsession with Nice should have been shown better but Art really seems like a crappy villain. We are still not being told why he suddenly made a heel turn into being a bad guy who still wishes to kill Nice and if something like mind control shows up to redeem him I'll have to roll my eyes.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
We are still not being told why he suddenly made a heel turn into being a bad guy who still wishes to kill Nice

Hell, unless I missed something, we're still not being told how he's still alive. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7