• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fist of the North Star Joins J-Stars Victory Vs. Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GVman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
I heard it was because Tetsuo Hara and Buronson didn't like his performance.

Never heard that one; I've always heard that it hurts his throat too much.

Anyway, I'll probably buy this game now; Kenshiro sealed the deal for me. It still needs Kinnikuman and Ring ni Kakero, though I wonder if the latter will actually make it in.

This makes me wonder again why they're using the anime colors for Seiya when this is supposed to be a manga game. Hell, they even made Raoh white and blonde like he is in the manga.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

Nah, that's just some bogus rumor some guy started on TV Tropes. Apparently Kamiya is now one of, if not the highest paid seiyu in Japan. Most anime/game productions these days cannot afford the fees he demands.
zangetsukakashi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
zangetsukakashi wrote:
Same here. I had already given up hope about it cause of this, but then I heard Saint Seiya wasn't too (or am i mistaken?), so my hopes went up Smile

Technically, all manga belongs to the original creator, so none of them "belong" to Shueisha. That being said, most creators just tend to let the original publisher handle the messy details of stuff like publishing & distribution. In regards to Seiya, Kurumada pretty much allows Shueisha to handle the publishing of any of his catalog, even B't X, but the Seiya manga of the past decade-ish are with Akita Shoten. Essentially, Shueisha is managing the original Seiya, so it was never a problem to include in this game.

Fist of the North Star, though, definitely belongs to Tetsuo Hara. He took the rights to it with him when he & Tsukasa Hojo helped form the company that published Comic Bunch magazine. That being said, Hara doesn't seem to harbor any ill will towards Shueisha & is willing to let his old work be used in celebratory works like J-Stars... He just has to be approached about the inclusion.

Oh, ok. I see.
Thanks for the info Smile
wootsman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Nah, that's just some bogus rumor some guy started on TV Tropes. Apparently Kamiya is now one of, if not the highest paid seiyu in Japan. Most anime/game productions these days cannot afford the fees he demands.

And then he showed up in some cheap ass Hokuto no Ken spin off last year.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
wootsman wrote:
And then he showed up in some cheap ass Hokuto no Ken spin off last year.

Which was co-produced by North Star Pictures, i.e. the company that's involved in essentially every Fist of the North Star production of the past decade. Kamiya's inclusion was likely possible because he knew some of the people involved & was willing to take a slight pay cut. Also, he didn't voice Kenshiro in that show.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Geo:
Quote:
Sure, he could do the character if he talked normally, but those "Atatatatatatatas" are just too much for a man of his age, especially if he has to do retakes & the like.

Wait, so he said that shit every time he was in a booth? I always thought they'd loop it once in a while.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
If doing the ATATATATATA's is too much for Kamiya, then they can just have him do the regular speaking parts for Kenshiro and have someone else dub in the ATATATATA's instead.

Besides, if Kinnikuman does get included later on, it would be sacrilege if Kamiya wasn't doing his voice. He managed to capture the rough goofiness of Suguru Kinniku down pat!

As for this game, I'm officially gonna see if I can pit Jonathan Joestar against Kenshiro. It would be quite a match. Smile
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I am glad that Kenshirou and Raoh are in the game. My wish is to have Akira Kamiya at least one last time reprise his role (sadly Kenji Utsumi passed away so that can't be for Raoh). But Katsuyuki and Fumihiko are the best sucessors to the originals to me from the previous seiyuu that played them. and I'll be fine I they return to voice the characters in the game.

Well although Kamiya San is my number one seiyuu but having him replaced from his roles as Kenshirou and Ryoma Negre was acceptable to me but as long as he remains Saeba Ryo and Roy Fokker Smile
Uppa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Geo:
Quote:
Sure, he could do the character if he talked normally, but those "Atatatatatatatas" are just too much for a man of his age, especially if he has to do retakes & the like.

Wait, so he said that shit every time he was in a booth? I always thought they'd loop it once in a while.

There's a rather humorous video--attached below--where he explains that he added "owatta!" ("it's over!") onto the end of every "atatata" sequence--almost as if to express relief that the horror of having to scream out those sounds was over. Or rather, to signal that he'd could stand screaming "atatata" no more. I'm thinking he's not altogether upset about not voicing Kenshiro, these days--I do think he doesn't want to do the atatatas.

Skip to 2:58 and, damn, just look at him go. Ten years ago this year, mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBg6rWDIl0
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Someone somewhere else pointed out that the "Anison Edition" will have 21 songs that correspond to the series that have TV anime, which is 16. The rest of the series either had OVAs or didn't have anime at all.

So, following that logic, there are still five more series with TV anime theme songs to announce, along with at least five playable characters. If I had to guess:

Kinnikuman
Dr. Slump
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Shaman King
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

People have pointed out there may be hangups with YGO!, but they got Kenshiro in there.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, basically he's reached a point in his career when he's made enough money and only needs to work when the money is right or he really loves the project.

As for Hokuto no Ken, he's done these Hokuto projects recently:
Hokuto Shinken Denshousha no Michi (2008, Nintendo DS)
DD Hokuto no Ken (2013, TV anime)
Gekiuchi Max (2013, Social Game)
Certain Sammy Pachinko-Slot machines
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Uppa wrote:
There's a rather humorous video--attached below--where he explains that he added "owatta!" ("it's over!") onto the end of every "atatata" sequence--almost as if to express relief that the horror of having to scream out those sounds was over. Or rather, to signal that he'd could stand screaming "atatata" no more. I'm thinking he's not altogether upset about not voicing Kenshiro, these days--I do think he doesn't want to do the atatatas.

Skip to 2:58 and, damn, just look at him go. Ten years ago this year, mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBg6rWDIl0

Even though he did the atatata in the video, Kamiya's pitch was noticeably lower than how he did it in the original Hokuto no Ken anime. He really can't go any higher lest he wants to risk permanent damage to his vocals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2