• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation June 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
I'm surprised, hopefully with the second season they will do something like provide a box that these digibooks will slide into and therefore give them some protection.

Let me clarify 'digibook' by saying the actual art book thats included with the full digibook package is not able to be removed and enjoyed on its own. It's glued in between the two hard trays that hold the discs which makes thumbing through it kinda cumbersome.
Thanks for the pics I think that will help people get a better idea of how it looks and that's exactly what I thought it would look like. Trying to flip thru the booklet would be awkward and its a shame its not separate. I personally hate overlapping disks too as they are second only to stackpacks imho. Removing the disks usually flexes them a bit too much and almost all my DVDs that came this way I've changed out the cases.

If I remember correctly this was an example of something that snaps closed and no overlapping disks!
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
Even a cardboard sleeve (like in the Shana pics I posted) would have served as an effective sealer. But either way, now I'm hoping there will be a nice, big chipboard box accompanying part 2's LE set so as to accommodate both volumes and make it look like a handsome book set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4