• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Vividred Operation Sub.DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrandonL337

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Vividred is pretty, to be sure. However I could never get past the godawful writing, including a plot hole in the first few episodes and far too much talking about what great friends the main characters are and how much they want rei to be their friend too.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
BrandonL337 wrote:
and far too much talking about what great friends the main characters are and how much they want Rei to be their friend too.

Pretty standard magical-girl trope, that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
Good to see it get a pretty positive review. The music was good as is the animation and art, and yeah otaku pandering but fun which did not really ruin the story. Usually I have a problem with the reviews on this site of this I like, but this was a good one.

I definitely plan on getting it next month when Madman release it out here. Along with almost a dozen other titles I have been yearning for a release.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Blood-, please. Even though you are complimenting me, those kind of comments just stir up trouble.

Yea but this is Blood-'s specialty lol, stirring up trouble. Even though Dtm42 and I tend to disagree on a fair amount of things, somehow whenever Blood- comes into the conversation, he/she seems to somehow manage to insult and attack both of us.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Some of the reviews on this site could be about a dump the reviewer took the day before and they'd still manage to give it a B. This show is pretty, but that doesn't stop it from being bad. I can understand personal preference and whatnot, but this show doesn't even try to explain what's going on in its plot or why anything is happening. It's literally just a bunch of fourteen year-old girls jumping around in skimpy outfits (or no outfits at all.) I don't really see how that's in any way worthy of a B.
B for butts my buddy B for butts and all the loli butt one wants Razz
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Really wanted to buy this fabulously fun show but it is DVD only. I bought the Rakkyo DVD box from Aniplex USA because to see it in the way it was intended but this is fully HD content. If they release a BD box, even if it is a JP complete set a year down the road, I will buy it. Fun but no reason to break the bank on BD singles.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Key wrote:
Blood-, please. Even though you are complimenting me, those kind of comments just stir up trouble.

Yea but this is Blood-'s specialty lol, stirring up trouble. Even though Dtm42 and I tend to disagree on a fair amount of things, somehow whenever Blood- comes into the conversation, he/she seems to somehow manage to insult and attack both of us.

Waah, waah, waah. You're probably too self-absorbed to notice, but a lot of posters don't like you, no doubt to your intellectually sleazy way of arguing. And usually in defense of really dumb points. As for dtm42 - no explanation needed as to why anyone would have historically had a beef with him. That being said, he's actually been pretty decent since his last banning (his fourth, btw).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3