• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote

spoiler[*sigh* Hinata is totally hopeless.
His nervousness is through the roof.
Poor guy really can't take pressure well.
It's just a practice match, but still...
OMG! First set was a disaster.
Hinata totally unintentionally sabotaged the match.
Kageyama's little talk with him seem to have done the trick.
Great episode!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Those spikes were awesome tbh. Regarding the match itself, I'm still not sure who is my favorite player on Hinata's team yet but there's definitely some difference between their skill levels just by witnessing the latest match.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Hinata's going to get some nickname like "The Blind Spiker" or something. Smile

One thing that's been bugging me is that OP shot of their athletic shoes waiting in the open cubbies outside the gym. I can accept that in Japan people won't steal them, but what about the weather? And I really like the ED, but it sounds like it belongs on Silver Spoon.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
Having to wait nearly 36 hours to watch this ep felt like a life time Laughing .

Another good episode with a lot of action. I like the fact the Hinata spoiler[wasn't feeling over confidant heading into this as it is his first big game expect for the first round in the tournament but he was a little naïve heading into that one. ]

I'm enjoying the balance of character personalities that their team has as well as the different skill leaves they all have. I'm not sure how next episode will go now that spoiler[the new setter (I believe it was the setter) has arrived, I'm thinking the advantage might swing back to the opponents - it seems like Kageyama knows him. ]

I'm also wondering when the other team members from the opening/closing credits will make an appearance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:22 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Kageyama actually admires someone.
Now that's something I didn't think I would ever see.
Oikawa was one scary good player with a really good eye.
He spotted their weaknesses in a flash.
Still, Hinata is amazing in his own way.
I'm glad he saved the day ^^
Karasuno needs to train hard for the tournament.
That is if they want to win.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
I like that new kid at the end there already. But regarding the latest episode, Hinata was pretty fun to watch with his echo and defensive spikes. Not bad at all :3
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Hinata managed to spoiler[score against Oikawa as I thought they were going to portray him as an undefeatable genius early on (I guess they have but I was still surprised); maybe he wasn't expecting the level of play form Hinata as he did say it was amazing at the entrance gate.] I was also hoping for a bit more action from spoiler[Oikawa but I guess they are saving the mystery for when they meet in the tournament.]

Finally, I was waiting for spoiler[Yu to turn up.] I'm very interested to see how the dynamics of the team changes now, I first thought him and Hinata are going to get on very well, kind of like Mihashi and Tajima, but I think jealousy possibly from both sides may come into play.

I have a feeling that spoiler[the shop keeper (who's name I can't remember) is going to be the new coach.] That's just a guess though Very Happy
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
^That's my guess too.

I enjoyed Sensei's inspirational speech (not quite sure what they wanted from him), but he kind of started to lose me when he wandered off to Brazil. Wink

The new kid looks like Hinata's evil twin. Luckily Hinata's a redhead.

And omg, Hinata spoiler[hit the ball with his eyes open!!]
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And omg, Hinata spoiler[hit the ball with his eyes open!!]

Oh yeah, I didn't even register it. My guess is that he was too busy spoiler[death staring Oikawa to pay attention the the ball] Laughing
Merida

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
TSUKKI!!!Laughing

I'm not expecting any jealousy between Hinata and Nishinoya. I mean what's there to be jealous about? Who's the cuter mascot character? Their positions in the team seem to be completely different, so unless volleyball has some kind of only one midget at a time rule, they should be fine...

Anyway, Oikawa is awesome, he and Tsukki are my favourites now. Looks like entertaining not-so-nice-people are my preferred sports anime character type... Wink
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
I'm not expecting any jealousy between Hinata and Nishinoya. I mean what's there to be jealous about? Who's the cuter mascot character? Their positions in the team seem to be completely different, so unless volleyball has some kind of only one midget at a time rule, they should be fine...

Laughing I was thinking that because Hinaya wants to be the teams Ace but spoiler[Yu already is]. I guess that their cheery hyper attitudes will probably overcome that and they have already asked spoiler[Hinata to call him sempia so Yu will probably warm to him quite quickly.]
Merida

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

Laughing I was thinking that because Hinaya wants to be the teams Ace but spoiler[Yu already is]. I guess that their cheery hyper attitudes will probably overcome that and they have already asked spoiler[Hinata to call him sempia so Yu will probably warm to him quite quickly.]

Hmm, perhaps i misunderstood, but i thought that Nishinoya is the spoiler[libero] while the other character we've yet to meet is the spoiler[ace]?

But yes, i'm sure their hyper midget bros bond will be able to overcome anything! Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I am actually surprised spoiler[they won as usually it is practice to have the main team lose to the stronger team].
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Merida you were right, I don't think there will be any tension between spoiler[Hinata and Noya] its quite the opposite. I wasn't expecting Noya to be so spoiler[honourable in regards to not playing a game if Azumane isn't on the team;] I had read a few bits about Noya's character but I was pleasantly surprised by that.

It looks like Hinata's words have gotten through to spoiler[Azumane and hopefully next episode he will start playing again as I would love to see the team at its full potential when they go up again the Tokyo Nosa's. After that match it looks as if they will have Ukai as the coach.]

Seems like things are starting to come together for the team.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:17 am Reply with quote
All the Nishinoya/Hinata interaction almost had me die of cuteness overdose...in a good way, of course. Very Happy

Looking forward to the team spoiler[becoming complete] and off to spoiler[ training camp]!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 23