• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Muscle-Bound Heroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deaththekid666

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
The fudge is Toguro at?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote
deaththekid666 wrote:
The fudge is Toguro at?

Right? That was his main skill, after all.

Milly surprises me since her strength seems to go with being very tall, rather than being muscle-bound. I probably would have questioned this list without the top 2 being somewhere on the list. I get where people are coming from with wondering why nobody from Fist of the North Star or BBZ was on the list, but muscle-bound shonen characters are so common, I don't know if it would be fair to pick any particular one.
Anudevil13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:10 am Reply with quote
agree with where is jack rackan from negima or kenshiro

adding from that list
where the hell is Adam Blade from Needless
Characters from kingdom?
Literally all are muscle filled baboons

With Mibu leading the march

Also where is the legend Whitebeard? He has muscles more then many on list

Izumi husband from FMA:B has bigger muscles too

#TooManyToComment
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
deaththekid666 wrote:
The fudge is Toguro at?

He's a villain not a hero. The list only includes heroes.
Hiro94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
There is no Kenshiro or anyone from Dragonball. List sucks
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
No Kenshiro? Man everyone in that world is musclebound. But then they would have to go on the list for people with the ability to kill with just a touch. But what about 'D'? I'm not talking about 'D' from Vampire Hunter D, I'm talking about 'D' from Project A-ko who was a muscle bound female or whatever "it" was. DBZ should have made the list because everyone in that show is kicking everyone's a$$, even the children. Guts was an interesting pick, but the one thing that no mentioned which is mentioned in the comic, is that Guts' sword is NOT hair splitting sharp. This is mentioned during the earlier chapters before we go into the Band of the Hawk Arc. During one of his confrontations with a behelit user they are taken aback on how someone such as himself could wield an object of that size taking them down. He remarks back about how the sword is not even sharp. So Guts has stupid comic book strength where he's wielding a sword that's several times bigger and heavier, not to mention BLUNT and cleave such monsters in half.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Talking about Guts also makes me think why there are no Claymore representive? The women there aren't muscular (except Undine) but they are taller than an average man and has some serious strength.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
No Kenshiro = Unacceptable.

Take it back, do it again. Mad

no kidding. he should definitely be on this list.

Though i definitely do agree with the top two (guts is clearly #1 and Maj Armstrong is #2) snubbing kenshiro for that clown from ultimate muscle is a crime in itself. also i definitely wouldnt put milly in this list either. sure she carries that large ass gun of hers, but her as a muscle bound hero? definitely not. she only has that gun. that's it. she never did anything else out of the ordinary to warrant being in this list. I would easily put one of the masters (mainly Myu's grandfather elder Hayato ) from kenichi the mightiest disciple if you wanted a filler character instead of milly.

Also its no surprise that Viz Media is #1. like Funi whose have no been the main licensor for anime series, Viz's manga division have dominated the manga department for years thanks to all of its shounen jump licenses and the voting result is proof of its dominance now.

hell in fact, i haven't heard of any shounen jump titles that haven't been licensed by viz manga.

Though the number is kinda half baked in itself.

if this was still in the late 90's early 2000's , Viz Manga would have gotten a stiff challenge since its voting result would have been a lot closer than that while its percentage would have been taken a large hit & eaten away by those that are loyal to US Manga Corps / Central Park Media Manga , and especially Tokyopop who was at the time the main manga MO before both companies went six feet under.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Here are a few other ones that haven't been mentioned so far...

Gateau Mocha of Bakuretsu Hunters
Hayato "Umibozu" Ijuuin of City Hunter
Rider of Fate/Zero
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Gamagōri's picture reminds of Naruto's 4th Raikage. Speaking of which, I think he should be on this list. By physical appearance, I think he ranks among the most muscular Naruto characters.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
mai yukino wrote:
Here are a few other ones that haven't been mentioned so far...

Gateau Mocha of Bakuretsu Hunters
Hayato "Umibozu" Ijuuin of City Hunter
Rider of Fate/Zero

and there is a reason why they arent mentioned. they are not well known or that popular unlike the top two.

though rider is so-so.

if he was in FSN instead of fate/zero then yea, he probably would have been on this list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4