• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Magical Index's 10th Year Marked With New Crossover Anime Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamdolfin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 am Reply with quote
That Heavy object tease is killing me.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
that video was B.A. Especially that new song from lovely Mami Kawada. Jpop Queen in my book. So hyped for S3 announcement now.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am Reply with quote
LightOtaku wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
I thought that Index is pretty popular and that the animes did pretty well. So where the heck is the 3rd season?

It may be the 10th announcement. I would prefer more railgun, although it probably won't happen anytime soon. Confused

^^ this is the problem - Railgun has gathered a large fanbase which makes it more likely for them to make more of that than Index. Whilst people may enjoy Index i find that most people are more passive in their enjoyment of it rather than actually being a fan of Index.

I would infinitely prefer to see more Index than Railgun, because I don't like Railgun, but I'd argue that the fanbase for Railgun is bigger.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
That seem a little much for just a 10th year it seem like a 3rd season coming soon
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
LightOtaku wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
I thought that Index is pretty popular and that the animes did pretty well. So where the heck is the 3rd season?

It may be the 10th announcement. I would prefer more railgun, although it probably won't happen anytime soon. Confused

^^ this is the problem - Railgun has gathered a large fanbase which makes it more likely for them to make more of that than Index. Whilst people may enjoy Index i find that most people are more passive in their enjoyment of it rather than actually being a fan of Index.

I would infinitely prefer to see more Index than Railgun, because I don't like Railgun, but I'd argue that the fanbase for Railgun is bigger.
Honestly, fanbases are a hard thing for me to follow but at least in the US, the largest "fanbases" always belong to the newer shows, which may explain why Railgun seems to have a larger fanbase since S2 was just last year. Anime fandom overseas has dramatically increased since Oct 2010 when Index 2 aired. Just from my view, it seems Railgun is only more popular overseas....While Misaka herself is definitely the most loved character, I still think the proper way to celebrate 10 years is with the original series.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Yea give me more of this series... Railgun.. Index or maybe even Accelerator! But for now this crossover! This crossover video gave me the chill of excitement. I totaly love the Index universe. I still hate it that no company here in Europe localized the dubs from Funimation... Anyways... Hopefully after this crossover anime adaption they will announce S3 for both index and railgun. I dont know how far the the Accelerator manga is at this point but I would love a adaption of that as well.

Anyone idea if this will be just a movie? or a few episodes? Or a full season?

Im still patiently waiting for the funimation dub of Index 2 starting in october.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
Where is my Magical Index III, J.C. Staff?

Probably got indefinitely stalled when the production committee found out that Mikoto was basically not going to be there to milk her swarms of fans.

nah Misaka has been in there more then Index her self recently
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Honestly, fanbases are a hard thing for me to follow but at least in the US, the largest "fanbases" always belong to the newer shows, which may explain why Railgun seems to have a larger fanbase since S2 was just last year. Anime fandom overseas has dramatically increased since Oct 2010 when Index 2 aired. Just from my view, it seems Railgun is only more popular overseas....While Misaka herself is definitely the most loved character, I still think the proper way to celebrate 10 years is with the original series.

This is not Railgun's anniversary either. It's right for Index to finally get on with it. As pointed out in the title of the video:

Kazuma Kamachi's Toaru Majutsu no Index 10th Anniversary

Railgun can wait. Index has a very large following, too. Japanese are all expecting S3 for it.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
its like they're just going out of their way to give fans who want index 3 the middle finger.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
its like they're just going out of their way to give fans who want index 3 the middle finger.
WHy are there always people who see always everywhere and always the negative side?
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
Where is my Magical Index III, J.C. Staff?

Probably got indefinitely stalled when the production committee found out that Mikoto was basically not going to be there to milk her swarms of fans.

nah Misaka has been in there more then Index her self recently

You mean in NT? But S3 will probably only cover up through 19. 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 she basically isn't there. The only one she really shows up in is 16. S2 she was in more than half, and that included an entire date episode.

Anyway, I was half joking. I'd absolutely love to be wrong (I like Mikoto and all, but I'd trade her screen time for Accel's 15 and 19 in a heartbeat), but the fact that they haven't made S3 yet despite having plenty of material makes me think they don't consider it worth the investment for whatever reason.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
WHy are there always people who see always everywhere and always the negative side?

Have to agree. The PV was pretty special

As yaraon put it: Carnival Phantasm Kamachi Ver.
#Zero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
THOR!!!
Tylerr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Tylerr wrote:

not like i'm wrong.
OH&S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
^
Nothing wrong with keeping your hopes in check.

As for those who want more railgun, the editor of the manga stated that there would be no third season UNTIL Index got its third season. If people want Railgun 3 sooner, you'd better hope Index III is announced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3