• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote
From the Coolest Character Tournament thread:

DerekTheRed wrote:
Key wrote:
I had to DQ someone last round for not following that rule, and I hate having to DQ votes, so don't back me into a corner again! I'm warning you!!!

Nobody puts Key in a corner!
sogekihei-neko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
From the Coolest Character Tournament thread:

DerekTheRed wrote:
Key wrote:
I had to DQ someone last round for not following that rule, and I hate having to DQ votes, so don't back me into a corner again! I'm warning you!!!

Nobody puts Key in a corner!

....shouldn't there be a dance number about now?.....
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
sogekihei-neko wrote:
....shouldn't there be a dance number about now?.....

If you insist...

- abunai
Hail, hail, Doofania!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
From a certain mumble jumble thread:

Jedi Master wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Also, funimation if you're watching..

Funimation.

You should be watching.

Wondering what the person was going to say? Check the first post.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I was going to post exactly the same thing. Priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kiddtic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Thats full of LoL!!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
From the Wandering Son thread:

Past wrote:
That scene was totally not meant to imply anything ecchi. How else would you hold 2 balls?

Oh wait, nevermind I said that...

Abunai quickly replied with:

abunai wrote:
Past wrote:
How else would you hold 2 balls?

Firmly.

- abunai
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
From here:
Quote:
I wonder which crazy geek will suicide bomb a government office first when the Internets get taken away from him.

Dunno... but he'll probably be from the UK, assuming the government still plans on removing people's internet starting this spring. Laughing
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
From the Your Avatar Thread:

ninjapet wrote:
Not anime related, but I do like sheep so

Sorry, ninjapet but it just made me laugh...and think naughty things!
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
From the Spring 2011 Preview Guide:
Blood- wrote:
Why are people surprised that Zac gave Tiger & Bunny a 5 out of 5? It has "bunny" in the title - total Zac-bait! Wink
For reference.
larinon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it's time to revive this thread. Surely there are more clever people out there tossing out memorable quotes.

Anyway, over in the Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko forum there is of course discussion over the main character (Makoto Niwa) and his flirtatious aunt (Meme Touwa).

Blood- wrote:
Yo, you dudes are, like, totally harshing my hot-aunt boning vibe that I'm trying to lay down here...

I just found that really funny for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote
And apparently some motherfcker thinks I'm Samuel L. Jackson. I ain't no goddamn Samuel L Jackson! Sam is a cool motherfcker and I love the shit out of his movies, but I ain't in that motherfcker's league. I wish I was Samuel L. Jackson, because I'd be a goddamn millionaire and I could do whatever the fck I want, when I want, because I played motherfcking Shaft, and you don't mess with Shaft, bitches.

And have you seen my avatar? It's little girl with pink hair hugging her mommy. Samuel L. Jackson don't watch no shows with littles girls hugging their mommy. Do you know how I know? He voiced the goddamn Afro Samurai. That motherfcker would put my avatar on his sword and shish kabob that bitch. "Good luck saving the world when you're dead, bitch.", is what the Afro Samurai would say in that situation, and Samuel L. Jackson is that motherfcker, so he feels the same.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NonoAsumy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Aw...come on. Let's not do this. If we're going to do the whole childish internet bickering thing then let's just be honest about it. The one thing I have no patience for is this lame little act people put on where they try to convince you they're just so totally above this kind of petty bickering while simultaneously they proceed to dive head first into petty bickering.

Who stands above childish internet bickering?

The internet is totally like Fight Club and I am Brad fudging Pitt!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote
NonoAsumy wrote:

Who stands above childish internet bickering?

I do.

What's this? You're bringing up posts I made to ShinobiX in a shiki thread a while back. Embarassed Ok, that was bickering, but it wasn't childish! It was... mature. Mature bickering... or something... ahem!

Anyways, to get this thread back to topic, I'll post an amusing quote I found, which is actually from the same thread as Psycho 101's. I found this to be by far the funniest part of the thread.

willag wrote:
Oh, wait, on topic, yes, I know what that is. Oh hey, you should totally keep that anime crap underneath your pillow. Keep it for those special occasions when you're ploughdriving all those hot women, and in the middle of that hot act yank it out and cry, "YES, YES, IT'S TRUE I LOVE JAPANESE CARTOONS!" And then she'll scream and howl and try to escape from you and your nerdiness 'cause it's AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE, and all of that extra energy and movement she puts into trying to escape helps ignite all those nasty noncon fantasies you had in your head brought about by all those yaoi manga you deny reading but truly you love 'em and suddenly RAWR RAWR you're turned on even more and HOLY SWEET BETSY'S BUNS you can't hold it in ANY LONGER and BAM! then it's over and those were the best 5 minutes of your life.

Trust me, Gentry. Keep it secret for those moments. Wink
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Since this thread has been brought up again, I decide to post this quote although I should had posted it when the Freezing thread was up. It's a response from me to Blood-.

EmbraceMe wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Dear Diary:

Today I just stood in front of the mirror and played with my big boobs for hours and hours, tee-hee...

At first, I didn't read the sentence before, so my reaction was this emoticon Shocked . Then I reread it and burst out laughing at it (and my stupidity for misreading.)

So now, you all may have an image of a crossdress/cosplaying Blood- as Satellizer. Every time I read this sentence I still imagine Blood- fondling with his boobies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 87 of 105