• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode Unaired Due to Quake

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khaos1019

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
....and yet another SHAFT series is not finished in time to air when it's supposed to. What a surprise. Rolling Eyes

Agreed. Not to downplay the seriousness of the earthquake of course. I'm sure it did hamper production. But SHAFT has done this before...
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
mpg13 wrote:
Sounds like a crude way to generate sales.
Just my opinion of course.

Seriously? Shaft stuff gets delayed all the time, they don't need to make up excuses that aren't true. The earthquake probably did take place during production of the show.

this has nothing to do with production... all episodes were produced in timely manner, excessively enough for them to air all of thirteen episodes... only twelve episodes are aired just because of the earthquake some previous series' later episodes were postponed and thus the start of this "Denpa" series moved forward one week...

so either broadcaster did not want to make another rescheduling to have two episodes aired at one day, or this "production committee" cynically uses the earthquake as excuse to draw bigger sales (just big is never enough) of BlueRay discs, implying that this is not their choice while it could actually be theirs (and not of broadcaster)...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2