• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Streams Sound! Euphonism Anime's Promo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote
It would be better if we wait until the series starts to judging on what we think of KyoAni.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote
alf_lying wrote:
king 47 wrote:
Granted, I dropped Amagi pretty early on because it was a steaming pile of hot sh*t. So I don't know what happened in that show.

The first two episodes aren't like the rest of the show.

I haven't watched Amagi at all (If it's not streaming in the right spots, I'm not hunting for pirate streams) but if there is nothing at all that hooks me from the start, then the creators have done a bad job. If you have a series premiere, you have to hit your audience in the gut.

If other audience members have to say "no, no, it gets better" that's kind of a fail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
As someone who played french horn throughout high school and college and was very serious about it (considered becoming a professional for a while) I'm really glad to see an anime that focuses on players of brass instruments. Euphonium is really cool, and I'm really glad it's not one of the popular instruments like piano or violin or flute. Hopefully this show focuses on the playing and performance rather than the cuteness of its cast. I'm very interested at this point.

Even though I don't play anymore I look back fondly on that part of my life. I wonder how well this will capture the music people culture.

I really like the specular reflections in the animation of the euphonium. Looks exactly like that really does. Great job!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5