• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: High School DxD New (Season 2) [Limited Edition] Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Key wrote:
SW does have nudity, though. It's not as frequent or as visually impressive (I assume that's what you mean?), but it is there.

yea. though its usually during when the girls are in a group. though i did see all of season 1 and 2 and didn't see any other fanservice than the usual pantsu .

i have to have missed something if there was any nudity fanservice there cause i wouldnt have missed fanservice that obvious.

I am confused. It sort of looks like you are saying that Strike Witches has nudity but does not have nudity.

Are you saying that the nudity is not fan service?
I would not argue with that because what constitutes fan service is subjective.
But even though I just said that I do not consider the bare legs to be fan service, I do not remember ever having anybody say that full nudity was not fan service.

In any case, Strike Witches definitely does have nudity in both the first and second seasons.
If my memory is correct we first see nipples in episode four.

Key never answered my question about what he meant by DxD having better quality fan service than Strike Witches.
Does the nudity have more sexual connotations?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Key wrote:
SW does have nudity, though. It's not as frequent or as visually impressive (I assume that's what you mean?), but it is there.

yea. though its usually during when the girls are in a group. though i did see all of season 1 and 2 and didn't see any other fanservice than the usual pantsu .

i have to have missed something if there was any nudity fanservice there cause i wouldnt have missed fanservice that obvious.

I am confused. It sort of looks like you are saying that Strike Witches has nudity but does not have nudity.

Are you saying that the nudity is not fan service?
I would not argue with that because what constitutes fan service is subjective.
But even though I just said that I do not consider the bare legs to be fan service, I do not remember ever having anybody say that full nudity was not fan service.

In any case, Strike Witches definitely does have nudity in both the first and second seasons.
If my memory is correct we first see nipples in episode four.

Key never answered my question about what he meant by DxD having better quality fan service than Strike Witches.
Does the nudity have more sexual connotations?

actually key is the one that said that SW have nudity. not as abundant as DxD but there. from what i know of since i watched both series is that the primary fanservice is all the panty shots. sure there is the whole loli and yuri aspect, but the panty shots are the series main bread and butter. just like the boobs are for DxD.

and of course nude shots are fanservice. when isnt it?
however , other than the mild nipple shots , i didn't see any full nudity fanservice like in DxD when i watched it, unless i must have missed something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4