• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
I'd say you pretty much got it. Her expression when spoiler[he was going on about how he'd wait until she was all grown up, and later that her innocence was what he liked most about her] pretty much told the tale.

I'm not suggesting he should spoiler[push himself on her, but he's making it very hard for her to say yes, or even encourage him to embrace her. She's afraid now he'll think she's a slut or something if she admits she'd like him to get closer.]

If it's something more dire than this, I'll honestly be flabbergasted.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
That's just nonsense. It's pretty obvious what Yamato's secret actually is: She is in fact a super villain! I mean, why do you think they keep finding themselves in these life threatening situations? Fires, drownings, falling beams... Clearly somebody behind the scenes is pulling the strings on all these "accidents" and my money is on Yamato. Of course, she's evidently become torn between her feelings for Takeo and her goal of world domination. We'll see how it plays out.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I gotta back ikc on this one. Those big, round eyes and small, breathy voice don't fool me. I hear Yamato once shot a guy in Osaka just to watch him die...

Suna's sister is hilarious. I don't blame Suna for wondering if she loves or hates Takeo. I wonder how old she's supposed to be.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I gotta admit, you've got a point. I'd been thinking Takeo had a curse on him similar to Blitz T. Abrahms', but the fact that she doesn't even have to be around for the mayhem to strike probably confirms that she's the super-villain behind it all.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
There's now a little Yamato decoration next to the Takeo one on the cake at the end of the opening sequence! I'd actually been hoping this would happen at some point. So cute. Very Happy

Blood- wrote:
Suna's sister is hilarious. I don't blame Suna for wondering if she loves or hates Takeo. I wonder how old she's supposed to be.

In the after-credits flashbacks from episode 3, it says she's a junior high school student (no specific grade is given) when the boys are about 10 or so, so my guess would be that she's currently around 18 and in her first year of college.

I do hope whatever is bothering Yamato gets sorted out soon.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
That's just nonsense. It's pretty obvious what Yamato's secret actually is: She is in fact a super villain! I mean, why do you think they keep finding themselves in these life threatening situations? Fires, drownings, falling beams... Clearly somebody behind the scenes is pulling the strings on all these "accidents" and my money is on Yamato. Of course, she's evidently become torn between her feelings for Takeo and her goal of world domination. We'll see how it plays out.

Nope, it's in fact, Makoto who is behind all of that. Either that or Urobuchi.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
...so my guess would be that she's currently around 18 and in her first year of college.

That sounds about right. A little old to be in love with a 13-year-old even if he looks like a man, but anime, so...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
13? As a freshman he should be at least 15.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Remember, he's in his first year of high school, so he's probably 16. In the Japanese school system, the first year of high school is the equivalent of 10th grade in the US or Canadian school systems.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
I may have gotten this wrong, but I could have sworn it was said he was 13, but that might have been a flashback thing. First year high school is basically Grade 10, right? So being 15 makes more sense.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Great episode overall. Not only do we get to see more of spoiler[Takeo and Ai's past but we also get a more emotional connection building between him and Yamato. I think it's kinda obvious that Takeo thinks of Ai more of as really good friend rather than romantic interest though; too bad he doesn't realize her feelings yet.]

And ah, I like how the episode squeezes in a bit of comedy as well especially near the end between spoiler[Takeo and Suna. LOL.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Takeo reading shoujo manga to learn about girls..]
Ai was being weird again..
She was really at it... spoiler[poor Yamato got confronted.]
It all turned into a weird conversation.
That spoiler[Ai obviously loves Takeo] too.. a bit too much.
Possible spoiler[love triangle in the making]?
Well.. at least Takeo-Yamato relationship is moving forward nicely.
OMG!! Those last scenes with Suna were ROFL... poor Suna..
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear, that was frightening. spoiler[Suna's in for a world of hurt if he doesn't straighten Takeo out before he wants to progress beyond kissing.] O.O
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

So instincts spoiler[were correct over Yamato kind of wanting more intimacy]. Although I did not expect the cases with spoiler[finding his address] and spoiler[leaving her phone in his room] to be acts she spoiler[felt guilty over telling him a lie over].

I can dig these little plots of normal insecurity for spoiler[Yamato being a teenage girl who got a crush]. And also spoiler[Ai who had trouble for being tall and thin when a child], little comments can make a big difference.

Looks like Suna is a spoiler[little bit in front of Yamato now with that kiss].
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I really wish the show as a bit more ambitious. They bring up the problem of the two of them not really respecting each other (he has an idealized vision of her in his head, and she things she has to be that in order to be with him), but when they sit down and talk, there wasn't anything there. "Oh, she wants to hold hands" or "she makes up reasons to get together because she has trouble expressing herself" doesn't do anything to challenge his idealization. There are much more interesting "hard things to talk about" out there that could give both characters a chance to develop meaningfully, because right now they're so generically inoffensive I'm losing interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 11