• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Bits of Sailor Moon Merchandise No One Really Needs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
What's next, Sailor Moon wand-shaped vibrator?

umm well I hate to break the bad news to you.. the following link is NSFW, You've been warned.

http://www.jlist.com/product/NSN01
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's up there with tissues covered in Sailor Moon that you're supposed to blow your nose into, or character branding on urinals.

Well, there's toilet paper with Apolo Anton Ohno sold in South Korea because they hate him so much, and while not directly related to bodily excretions, ancient Egyptians would draw pictures of people they disliked on their sandals so they'd step on those effigies whenever they walked.

residentgrigo wrote:
What´s wrong with Vinyl? Maxi Pads hm. So what about training bras... do they exist? Smile

I think the reason those vinyls were on the list was because they cost about four times as much as a vinyl would normally cost without anything really nice to compensate for that.

Or does that description say that it's actually 7 records?
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
luisedgarf wrote:

Don't give such people even more ideas.

I think someone in Japan could come up with this assuming the person can understand English and is an avid reader on ANN.

EDIT: I'll retract that statement after reading this person's comment:

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
luisedgarf wrote:

umm well I hate to break the bad news to you.. the following link is NSFW, You've been warned.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
The vinyl soundtrack actually seems pretty sweet, considering Sailor Moon has a good OST. If I wanted the soundtrack I'd get CD's instead, but if I had money to blow I would definitely buy those records.
staab99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:

"In the name of the poon, I will penetrate you!" Razz
Wrial Huden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:

Hey, if they can do something similar with Hello Kitty...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Concerning the mini doll food. The Japanese make a lot of this sort of miniature just for dedicated doll collectors. Most of it is about 1/6 scale or a bit smaller. I suspect that this is just an existing collection rebranded to show Sailor Moon. Anything for a few more sales.

I have a bakers display case with all the contents you would expect in one of those cake shops the girls in slice of life shows frequent.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:

Wrial Huden wrote:
luisedgarf wrote:

Hey, if they can do something similar with Hello Kitty...

What the fuq... Well, there goes the childhood of Hello Kitty and Sailor Moon fans I guess. I feel like whatever I think of there's always going to be someone who has done it already.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Ah you guys. Thank you for find me a real Sailor Moon sex toy BUT i can beat you all Very Happy.
Welcome the Hello Kitty Assault Rifle: http://www.cnet.com/news/a-hello-kitty-assault-rifle-that-actually-exists/ I did 2 years of military for this?

There are tissues of everything in japan but this omorashi shonen manga had it´s own toilet paper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iinari!_Aibure-shon and "quality" incest action too... 2/10 Official Bleach brain-beach where? I need it!

Last edited by residentgrigo on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Must have been hard to knock it down to only 7. There's more useless pieces of Sailor Moon merchandise floating around than there are episodes of the show. Especially now that Crystal came out.

I hope the people who make this garbage aren't losing too much money because of Toei screwing up Crystal. I don't think Toei even realise how much of big deal the series is.

I mean, I have friends who don't even watch anime who were excited for Crystal. Needless to say that hype is well and truly dead.

Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:26 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Ah you guys. Thank you for find me a real Sailor Moon sex toy BUT i can beat you all Very Happy.
Wellcome the Hello Kitty Assault: http://www.cnet.com/news/a-hello-kitty-assault-rifle-that-actually-exists/ I did 2 years of military for this?

Well, the dildo was still more shocking.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
That magical girl "Wand" being posted obviously isn't official sailor moon merchandise, but it's really weird to look at, being made of glass and all.

But I'm gonna tell ya, I'd probably buy those pads, lol
SnowCentaur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I bought the pads once, because I thought hey, might at least take the one with pretty packaging. There was no price difference either. It's not as weird as it sounds, because the only difference on the inside is that the plastic that covers the sticky parts has the planet marks on them, so you're not "bleeding on your favorite character". Instead it's marketed more as the sailor guardians helping you through the shittiest week of the month. I've bought discharge pads with My Melody on it too, but same there, it's only on the outer packaging.

As for the vibrators... I don't see why people are so shocked. xD It's not like one all the girls and women who watch sailor moon are chaste nuns? And don't try to tell me the sailor guardians are NOT designed to be sexually appealing. (I admit I haven't seen the vibrator itself, the link led me to an error page.) The assault rifle is much much worse, since it's actually something made to kill.

Also, the tissue box covers... Gosh I wish I had something to cover up the ones we use back home, we either buy the cheaper ones or the eco ones when they're on sale. Both are hideous, and when they're almost empty you rip the whole box along when you want to yank out a tissue. xD

I agree with the contacts, they seem rather useless, and the tiara price tag is just silly. And the chips look like the ultimate "we need to boost the sales of this product no matter what!".

As for stupid merch, I've seen One Piece toilet paper, and at the Tezuka museum they had Black Jack toilet paper... Now THAT is completely beyond my understanding.

Despite all this, I've not watched SM Crystal. I did catch up a bit on the old series though, out of nostalgia, but I didn't see it all. I'm hardly a hardcore fan. I just like pretty stuff... xD

Last edited by SnowCentaur on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I remember a bit from a summary of Aya Hisakawa's old radio show, Shiny Night. She had a story about a young mother who talked her little girl out of buying Sailor Moon toilet paper.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Alright guys, as hilarious (and creepy) as they might be we need to stop posting a bunch of links to sex toys please. They're not very appropriate for the forums. Plus some of us would like to hold onto what little bit of purity and decency we have left. Not me mind you, but other more upstanding less lecherous people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4