• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: GRANRODEO Concert Demands Swimwear Dress Code for Female Attendees

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
The bottom line is if you are a female fan who wants this "Premium" invitation, you are FORCED to wear a certain kind of attire. Maybe you want to wear a swimsuit anyway, but you will be FORCED to wear a swimsuit that is deemed acceptable by somebody other than yourself IF you want the Premium invitation. Of course you have a choice: you can accept non-Premium seating if you decide you don't want to be FORCED to conform to a certain dress code.

[Edit]: Enough with the sniping. JekoJeko had to clean up their post so I can't let you off now, can I? You should be showing the young'ns the proper etiquette around here. Errinundra.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Any more posts that impugn the intelligence or logical acuity of other forum members will be deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Because the only way to show loyalty to a band you love is attending their concerts half-naked. Surely if you're not willing to do that much you're not devoted enough and you don't deserve VIP seats, even if you are a member of the fanclub and buy all of their CDs and attend all of their concerts and have covered your walls with their faces. You're not a true fan if you don't go in a bikini and shame on you for expecting any sort of regard from your idols which you obviously don't love enough.

Also, how is this a gift? The fans that get these tickets don't have to pay anything? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the fans are buying the tickets/paying to enter the lottery to get these tickets, it's not a gift.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Any more posts that impugn the intelligence or logical acuity of other forum members will be deleted.

And apparently some just decided to ignore this warning. So those were removed into the ether. Consider this warning #2. Let's not make this go to warning #3 folks. Thank you.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Because the only way to show loyalty to a band you love is attending their concerts half-naked. Surely if you're not willing to do that much you're not devoted enough and you don't deserve VIP seats, even if you are a member of the fanclub and buy all of their CDs and attend all of their concerts and have covered your walls with their faces. You're not a true fan if you don't go in a bikini and shame on you for expecting any sort of regard from your idols which you obviously don't love enough.
Nobody's saying that but you. This is nothing more than an area set aside for a segment of fans who do a given thing to show their fandom - there's absolutely nothing wrong with the band recognizing that this is done and rewarding it, especially if they're planning on filming the area(ie, showcasing this exact sort of fan behavior). Yes, there are other ways of being a fan(and probably plenty of huge ones who don't do this), but that's the one they're rewarding at the moment.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quote
JekoJeko wrote:
These seats are a gift, and the band have every right to give them to as specific a group as they want.

I'm not sure how that's a gift if it's the most expensive ticket to the event. A nod to the most devoted of fans, and perhaps a subsection of that most devoted of fans, and most definitely a perk or a bonus, but certainly not a gift. A gift is, by definition, something that you receive you didn't have to directly pay for.

That being said, I personally don't believe that giving silver platters to the most hardcore, dedicated fans of something at the expense of all other interested parties is a sustainable way to keep a franchise going, but that's another matter entirely.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:24 am Reply with quote
Are any of the people who are against this actually fans of GR who attend their concerts? No? Then what do you care? The fans who do attend the concerts certainly don't. You're trying to defend people who aren't asking to be defended. Point is, the fans don't care that they must dress a certain way in order to sit in a certain area.

This only affects fans who are attending this particular concert and none of those attending are complaining. Why make a big fuss if none of the fans care?
nargun

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:39 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Why make a big fuss if none of the fans care?

The essence of a systemic problem is that it's delocalised, a consequence of each individual person following their own local best interests. That's what makes it systemic rather than local with some identifiable causer.

In that sort of context.... well, "they don't care!" is just another manifestation of "local best interest", isn't it?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
It has been said several times before, but the main reason they want the women in bikinis is for video.

That said, the only possible reason for anyone not liking this, is for those that think video of women in bikinis is wrong and a detriment to society. Just make sure your voice is just as loud for Spring Break videos and any other depictions of bikini clad women in the media also.

But as the price of admission to get video'd at the concert, there is nothing wrong in that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5