• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nobunagun BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeQ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Surprised by all these positive reactions. It was a decent show IMHO, but nothing worth buying. A C+ maybe?
yappers4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
JoeQ wrote:
Surprised by all these positive reactions. It was a decent show IMHO, but nothing worth buying. A C+ maybe?

Agreed. It's nothing wholeheartedly groundbreaking or exciting and it's not that mediocre.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I remember when this one was "airing", it was a title I thought about checking out. I didn't, but when I saw it up for pre-order...I did a rare blind buy.

Gotta say, not regretting that decision. Shio is a fun female lead, really enjoyed watching how they had the character handle the situation they were thrown into.

Feel like buying this one was money well spent.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I like the review. Thank you.

I have not seen any of Nobunagun but this review, and Theron's streaming review, tells me that I really need to get this release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Nobunagun is alright

it's true...in this series it's always dark during action scenes --even when it was in the middle of the day--

i guess the creator of this series likes keeping it dark during action scenes?

worth a rental but not sure about a purchase for this one

i think this series is available on hulu for free as well
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I do plan on getting this if it comes out my way, I am interested to rewatch and check out the dub. Wait, it came out yesterday along with Sakurasou, Outbreak Company, and TWGOK3. Those are like some of my favourites from that time. Seo/Nobunagun is an awesome character.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have to check this out now. I guess, like a lot of other people, I got it mixed up with that "other" show.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I don't really have any lingering attachment to this one. It was a funny little generic action show and that's it really. There wasn't really a villain since the enemy was composed of mindless monsters. There were also pretty obvious and cheap emotional moments like when she meets some air force dudes that die minutes later. But the show did know how to have fun with it's silly concept though personally I never did like the idea of portraying horrible killers in a heroic light (I remember the show even going as far to try to explain away the Jack the Ripper incident which made me cringe a little).

Other than that I'd say it's worth watching at least once. Not something I'll watch again but not something I felt wasted my time.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I gotta admit. It's a very weird show based on a very weird premise. But it also sounds like a fun one so I'll wait a while to see how it fares.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I though it was pretty dull in the couple of episodes I watched but I still plan to finish it. You cannot judge a 13 episode series on the first two.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2