• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dance with Devils (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Nice insert song, but it just doesn't work when neither of the vocalists can sing very well.

I swear, no one in this ever does what they say. "I'll stay by your side always!" ::runs off to get purified:: Then he comes back and, surprise! she's gone again. lmfao.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:59 am Reply with quote
Word to Rem: If you try and beat up the brother of the girl you are trying to impress after she just watched her best friend die, don't be surprised if she says that she hates you. Also Lindo, don't try and make out with your cousin turned sister right after she is just learning about and understanding things, it is creepy.

I think the show has given some waiting that her friend just bloody died, but people around her just have to cool it, that stuff is rough. The image that they had to leave her body like that was especially tough. I actually half expected for her to see a vision of her like from a nightmare. But she seems to have taken it more of a reason she should fight to live.

Well my alternative theory of Lindo's father being a vampire was something on my mind, specifically because vampires had not gotten much characterisation, but was not at the front for the same reason. The red eyes thing did make it more likely.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Lindo and Rem were less than prince Charming this ep. Seriously, between Lindo trying to mack on Ritsuka, and Rem trying to kill Lindo in front of her (and was it really necessary to kill him at all?) Ritsuka would be better off running away with Mage or Urie (not Shiki, that kid gives me the creeps!)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I have been assuming that Rem's position probably made his father something like a devil king. This episode we learned father Ritsuka's father is actually the devil king. Does this mean that in a twist she does have a sibling love interest? I have bad memory so I had to look it up. Loewen is the servant of Maksis, and isn't he working for Rem's father?

If it is any constellation for Ritsuka in terms of family relationships, at least she does not have a succubus guardian and put under contract.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I have bad memory so I had to look it up. Loewen is the servant of Maksis, and isn't he working for Rem's father?

Loewen was previously Maksis's servant, and when Maksis was defeated (presumably by Rem's father?), he pretended to work for Rem's family, but was really still working for Maksis. That's why all the devils are pissed at Loewen and calling him a traitor - he tried to get Ritsuka for Maksis, thus simultaneously reviving Maksis and preventing the Arlond family from getting the grimoire.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

They could go in quickly, get between her and the vampires. Or they could all bunch up in the middle of the area where there is not anyone, and start singing, including using magic to make a giant flaming circle to make themselves look cool. Good to know they have their priorities in order.

Too bad she could not just get in close to the vampire king and activate the magic from a few episodes back and kill all the vampires.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
#12 Final

spoiler[Ritsuka almost fell into Nesta's fangs.
Lindo temporarily seduced by his "dad".
Was glad to see he gave his father exactly what he deserved!
Shame it wasn't that easy..
In the end Ritsuka dealt with it permanently.
It was nice to see that confession ^^
Decent final episode.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Oh my god, that one vampire guy got thrown off the building an impaled by a statue with a sword. Lindo stabbed his father Alucard style. And Ritsuka actually really did something, first using a candlestick thing as a weapon and then doing the final hit. The statue bit really took me by surprise. Also those scratches on Lindo is what he gets for that shirt he wears.

A reciprocated love confession, but then the Rem gives her choice between whether she should choose human or devil world. A bit sudden, it is not like she actually knows Rem that much. Maybe they could go on a date first? Also, they were still at the vampire castle, so maybe they could at least take her home, it was not like Rem's own power was what got them there. I assume they would have to awkwardly ask the ferryman to take them back. Also she had not got her mother back yet, so maybe rescue her first and talk about it before having a teenage girl suddenly make a big decision. Well they somehow got back and found the mother off screen.

I enjoyed Dance with Devils, but it was best when it was actually bad. Some of the best aspects are at poking fun at it, in general it had may parts of the genre that you could scream at, but although some of the worst anime I have seen have been similar, this was not so bad. I give it a rating of So-so, it is not exactly good, but come in expecting to laugh at it (not with it) and you might enjoy your time. It did have its charm.

The ED is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3