• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amanchu! Manga by Aria's Amano Gets Summer 2016 TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
This sounds like a wonderful concept! Diving... Can't wait for it!!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
YES!!! Awesome!!!

I love this manga. From the author of Aria it has that relaxing charm along with those hints of yuri. And because its all about skuba diving there's plenty of opportunity for 'tasteful' fanservice Smile

Can't go wrong with tasteful swimsuit fanservice! Cool

Though the hints of yuri...spoiler[.they're not going to throw in some background "fiance" out of the blue] like what happened in Aria, right?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
I wish that i could share the enthusiasm as i liked the first few volumes and you can read my MU review below why i left the manga behind last year. I would be able to recommend a 13 ep. anime run (or even better a prolonged OVA with a proper art budget) but not a 26+ one as with the genuinely good Aria. Why is that one comming back btw? (Neither of his 2 manga have any actual shoujo-ai elements btw...)

Sadly no Aria (6/10)
I read Amanchu! for 6 Volumes and had fun at first but the midnight oil finally ran out and the series is now on Vol.10 in Japan. The 2 leads have character but none else do and that is an undeniable problem while a point or purpose is now impossible to be seen too. A random Peter Pan chapter and then another about how Hikari forgot to put on her bikini top and then had to hide her breasts for one chapter back to back made me realize that i was only enjoying the well done art and nothing else as the interesting diving elements mostly went. I further have a feeling that the author lost the plot because the new chapters were not lining up with what came before.
I thus dropped the manga as i don´t read moeblob appreciation. Go for her main work instead or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou / Yotsubato! (a 8,5/10 for both) which all kept the Mono no Aware magic going all the way. All in all not a bad manga but now sadly a boring and pointless one. Let´s see how Kozue´s next work will be as she is talented.
Edit: And Kozue is a woman. Hups.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Northlander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Kozue Amano is a woman, just FYI.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2